Contribute
Register

Clover does not show High Sierra boot partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this but I still cannot see the APFS partition.

Do you have the appropriate APFS.efi file in your Clover bootloader?
How did you create the installer?
Please update your signature including your PC components as per tonymaxy86 rules.

I have the same problem too
issue: clover boot loader does not see HFS or APFS mac os partition after windows 10 installation and restarting to clover boot loader.

I am sorry if I post this question again. I could not find the answer anywhere though.
here is what happened.
I have high sierra installed on z370 asRock ext 4 MB with 2 NVME drives on MB. one is loaded with High Sierra beta. I tried to install UEFI windows 10 on another SSD. it went through fine. after I reboot into clover, it only shows windows file system partition. I could not find any mac os or recovery. of Course, at that point, I can only boot to Windows 10 which is fine and running ok.
Then I used usb clover with high sierra on it to boot and when it complete loading all drivers, I see mac os installation , disk utility etc. so I clicked disk utility to see what happened with my mac os. they are grey out and said not mounted. I was unable to mount those.
anyone has any thought for my problem. any input is appreciated.
Tom

IMG_0367.PNG
i have installed insandisk 120 ssd After install high sierra ,I have this massage on boot and clover not show boot device. please help.

Clean High Sierra Install on SSD using unibeast USB is not possible yet?
Cuz I can see a lot of people struggling and No response.

When I load High Sierrra USB (created using unibeast 8.1.0) and Go to Disk Utility, I get only the APFS option for erasing my SSD (Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option is not there). So I erase it in APFS format. Once done, I exit disk utility which takes me back to macOS Utilities.
I click on "Install macOS" and choose the erased SSD (no other drive is connected). It starts the install and restarts to get to the clover screen.
Now SSD is not visible on Clover Screen (Clover Version 2.4k rev 4392).

Now when I go to the disk utility through the USB, I can now see 5.26gb used in SSD. Disk Images shown are "OS X Base System" and "InstallESD"
apfs.efi was available in the clover folder in unibeast usb in the stated address.

@vulgo is the partition option helpfull in my case? Please guide.
Thanks

Last edited:
I had the same problem as described by @Priyank.410

The install went perfectly but once I tried to Boot using Clover v2.4_r4411 my new High Sierra installed SSD was not showing in the Clover GUI boot options.

I found the solution to MY problem was found described in this video at 5:17

In short you need to:
  1. Find the High Sierra Installer
  2. Show its Package Contents
  3. Navigate to Contents > SharedSupport
  4. Mount BaseSystem.dmg
  5. In the mounted DMG, Navigate to usr > standalone > i386
  6. Copy the file apfs.efi to your desktop
  7. Install Clover again
  8. After the install is successful, find the mounted EFI partition
  9. Copy the apfs.efi to BOTH /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI AND /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (Copy that file to BOTH directories or Clover wont see an APFS formatted drive!)
When I restarted my machine HP Z800, I could see the High Sierra SSD in the Clover and proceed with my installs or boot process normally.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem as described by @Priyank.410

The install went perfectly but once I tried to Boot using Clover v2.4_r4411 my new High Sierra installed SSD was not showing in the Clover GUI boot options.

I found the solution to MY problem was found described in this video at 5:17

In short you need to:
  1. Find the High Sierra Installer
  2. Show its Package Contents
  3. Navigate to Contents > SharedSupport
  4. Mount BaseSystem.dmg
  5. In the mounted DMG, Navigate to usr > standalone > i386
  6. Copy the file apfs.efi to your desktop
  7. Install Clover again
  8. After the install is successful, find the mounted EFI partition
  9. Copy the apfs.efi to BOTH /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI AND /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (Copy that file to BOTH directories or Clover wont see an APFS formatted drive!)
When I restarted my machine HP Z800, I could see the High Sierra SSD in the Clover and proceed with my installs or boot process normally.

Hope this helps.
Same for me. I may be wrong, but clover needs apfs.efi to see the apfs partition osx is installed. :headbang:

Hello Everyone, I have the same issue; Attached are my reporting file (reboot log when booting from ssd).
I have no problems booting from the USB Clover stick, but after copying its contents to the ssd EFI partition, and booting then from SSD, it comes with the clover screen with no partitions showing.
APFS.efi is in place.

Clover version used is Clover_v2.4k_r4398 from rehabman; apfs is extracted from my HS 10.13.2 version

Help is appreciated :)

PS I am installing it on my Dell E6410 (see signature).

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Please can someone help me on post #27 ?

Hello Everyone, I have the same issue; Attached are my reporting file (reboot log when booting from ssd).
I have no problems booting from the USB Clover stick, but after copying its contents to the ssd EFI partition, and booting then from SSD, it comes with the clover screen with no partitions showing.
APFS.efi is in place.

Clover version used is Clover_v2.4k_r4398 from rehabman; apfs is extracted from my HS 10.13.2 version

Help is appreciated :)

PS I am installing it on my Dell E6410 (see signature).

Please can someone help me on post #27 ?
@bartrap Check your EFI partition boot path, make sure is set to CLOVER folder. I had the same problem as you, below is what worked for me. Hopefully you have another machine or windows to check for these.

I poked around a bit in EasyUEFI and found that the boot entry didn't appear to be pointing to the correct boot loader, so I changed it to Clover and it looks like that worked.

I was having the same issue, woke up this morning to find my Mac OS hard drive was gone from clover bootloader screen. Followed the same thing @MikeBrown did and it worked. Clover now reads my mac drive.

Some context...

• I have windows 10 and mac os high sierra on two different drives.
  • When I boot it automatically goes to Clover bootloader, from there I boot to my mac (Yes, my next steps is to set my mac to boot on default :p)
  • When I installed high sierra I didn't physically remove the windows 10 drive, you should. From reading up other people's similar issues this might be the reason why Clover wasn't reading the mac drive. Windows update could messed up with the other drive somehow... I could be wrong but I can't rule this out since windows 10 is crazy when it comes to automatic updates.

Hi Zenko; Thank you so much for your response. I am a novice player ;-). I attached the preboot.log file; can you see in there if the EFI partition boot path is ok ? Unfortunately I have to work abroad for 6 days before I have the possibility to check things again...
Hope I can back to you later on then... Have a nice week, Bart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back