Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I just updated from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1 and everything went well. After the installation the system rebooted and now the boot partitions are gone in Clover. It does not show the High Sierra partitions, so I can't boot into High Sierra.

I let High Sierra do a default installation, so I guess it converted the partitions to APFS.

I placed the latest (as of 10.13.1 update) apfs.efi into the EFI partition /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi

I double checked, it is indeed the correct place, from where Clover is booting.

But the High Sierra partitions don't show up in the Clover boot selection. I can boot into a Carbon Copy Cloner HDD backup of 10.12.6, which I made before the update, and I can see the HS partitions from there (indeed marked as AFPS). But Clover doesn't show them.

Clover ist the latest version r4268.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Update: I created a High Sierra USB stick bootloader with Unibeast and I can boot into High Sierra from there. When loaded from USB stick Clover shows me all HS partitions.

But when I copy all files from the USB stick to the EFI folder on the APFS partition of my SSD drive, it still doesn't give me the option to boot into High Sierra. It doesn't show the HS partitions. (I can't use Multibeast as it doesn't allow to install on APFS)

The only file I used from the old install is "boot", as it isn't on the USB stick. Is this file the cause for the issues?

What else could I try?

Last edited:
@CitizenK, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Update: I created a High Sierra USB stick bootloader with Unibeast and I can boot into High Sierra from there. When loaded from USB stick Clover shows me all HS partitions.

But when I copy all files from the USB stick to the EFI folder on the APFS partition of my SSD drive, it still doesn't give me the option to boot into High Sierra. It doesn't show the HS partitions. (I can't use Multibeast as it doesn't allow to install on APFS)

The only file I used from the old install is "boot", as it isn't on the USB stick. Is this file the cause for the issues?

What else could I try?
I’m having similar issues. I upgraded to High Sierra but after reboot, no Mac OS drive show up on the clover boot screen, only the Windows installation show up.
Did you find the solution to this problem

When I updated I was using another theme not the Clover embedded as soon as I changed back to the embedded theme the install partition showed up.
What do you mean change back to the embedded clover theme. How do you do that?

See images.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 23.41.54.jpg Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 23.43.03.jpg

I have the same issue. I finally got through the update (I think), but after the last reboot during install, my Mac drives don't show up in Clover, only my Windows NTFS drives (separate physical drives). I'm currently operating in Windows 10 on my computer and have no way to see my Mac OS drives. I have (had) Sierra installed on an SSD and a separate HDD for file storage. Clover is defaulting to the 'embedded' view, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I have the same issue. I finally got through the update (I think), but after the last reboot during install, my Mac drives don't show up in Clover, only my Windows NTFS drives (separate physical drives). I'm currently operating in Windows 10 on my computer and have no way to see my Mac OS drives. I have (had) Sierra installed on an SSD and a separate HDD for file storage. Clover is defaulting to the 'embedded' view, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I am not an expert but if your drive has been formatted as APFS and you don't have the APFS driver in the clover/drivers64UEFI folder then your drives will not show.

I am not an expert but if your drive has been formatted as APFS and you don't have the APFS driver in the clover/drivers64UEFI folder then your drives will not show.
I was able to use MiniTool Partition Wizard in Windows to view the EFI partition on my Mac drive. I see the APFS.EFI file in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and also in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back