Contribute
Register

Clover does not load macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
I have the problem, that I can't boot into macOS.
After the Clover Boot loader I see the Apple Logo as normal and as soon as the progress bar reaches the end, the computer restarts. I have this problem since today. I didn't change anything on the hardware or software.

Could it be that there is a problem with clover? Is there anything I can do to fix this from the Clover command line?

Thanks BreBo. I have updated the personal details.

I have started the Computer in Verbose Mode and took some pictures. It stops a couple of times and at the end the machine restarts. So there is no final error message als a reference.
I hope you can make some sense of this.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
"Invalid directory item count"
"The volume macOS could not be repaired"

This is a sign of corrupt storage disk directory structure.

Boot the Mac into Single User Mode (-s available via space bar at Clover menu)
How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:
Code:
fsck -fy
Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume (name) appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck

Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode.

If that doesn't work search Google for "invalid directory item count".

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I always geht the the message "The volume could not be repaired". I've searched google but without success so far.

I could not fix it. When I search Google I only get the tip to try the fsck command which does not work in my case. I think the fastest option to get the system running again would be to reinstall macOS and recover the data from the time machine backup. I mean, it's not the fastest option but the only one I have left at the moment.

What do you think about moving the user folder to a separate hard drive? In case of a crash I could re-install macOS and didn't have to recover the data from the time machine backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back