Contribute
Register

Clover does not install on EFI Partition of HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see the clvoer version in bitbucket.org is 4359....there is necessary to update to r4369.or still use r4359? thank you
My cent worth. With Clover 4369 you do not need to use EmuVariableUefi anymore for nvram emulation. untick it during installation, also untick "Install RC scripts on target volume", delete nvram.plist from your EFI folder and EmuvariableUefi.efi from your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder. If you wish you can also delete /etc/rc.boot.d and /etc/rc.shutdown.d. These still contain the RC scripts which were required when nvram still needed to be emulated.

To test whether this is working for you do the following:

use this command from within terminal - sudo nvram MyVar=TestValue - to write "TestValue" into your onboard nvram "non volatile ram"

Reboot and test with this command, also from within terminal - nvram -p - whether the contents of MyVar, which should still be TestValue, survived the reboot.

On my GA-Z170X-UD3 mobo it is definitely working.

Try it on your mobo, you can always fall back if needed.

Credit of the foregoing goes exclusively to:

vit9696 as well as Download-Fritz.

Good luck.

Last edited:
My cent worth. With Clover 4369 you do not need to use EmuVariableUefi anymore for nvram emulation. untick it during installation, also untick "Install RC scripts on target volume", delete nvram.plist from your EFI folder and EmuvariableUefi.efi from your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder. If you wish you can also delete /etc/rc.boot.d and /etc/rc.shutdown.d. These still contain the RC scripts which were required when nvram still needed to be emulated.

To test whether this is working for you do the following:

use this command from within terminal - sudo nvram MyVar=TestValue - to write "TestValue" into your onboard nvram "non volatile ram"

Reboot and test with this command, also from within terminal - nvram -p - whether the contents of MyVar, which should still be TestValue, survived the reboot.

On my GA-Z170X-UD3 mobo it is definitely working.

Try it on your mobo, you can always fall back if needed.

Credit of the foregoing goes exclusively to:

vit9696 as well as Download-Fritz.

Good luck.
one should use rehabman's clover if plugintype works.

one should use rehabman's clover if plugintype works.
I am a bit confused about your comment on my posting #43 above. I believe your comment and my posting are unrelated, if you think not then kindly fill me in.
RehabMan's Clover, that I believe you are referring to, features a means to enable powermanagement as close as possible to the way Apple does it on it's own hardware. @RehabMan as well as @toleda both also have a SSDT-...aml that can be used instead to achieve the same thing, without having to use RehabMan's Clover for that.

Greetings

Last edited:
I am a bit confused about your comment on my posting #43 above. I believe your comment and my posting are unrelated, if you think not then kindly fill me in.
RehabMan's Clover, that I believe you are referring to, features a means to enable powermanagement as close as possible to the way Apple does it on it's own hardware. @RehabMan as well as @toleda both also have a SSDT-...aml that can be used instead to achieve the same thing, without having to use RehabMan's Clover for that.

Greetings
yes,right..it need no rehabman's clover if using ssdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back