GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was able to do a clean install of HS using an USB disk.
When i try to install clover on my efi partition of my fresh HS install it does not do it.
It always installs clover on the main partition.

The efi partition has been mounted of course before I try to install clover. Any hints?

At my build my Broadcom bluetooth card is no longer detected (was working fine in Sierra)
Hersteller: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipsatz: 20702B0

might an USB problem.. have to check

Are you installing Clover with MultiBeast or the download from SourceForge?
In MultiBeast you select Clover installation for UEFI or for Legacy Mode, in the SF download Legacy is default - you have to click the Install UEFI and install in the ESP boxes to get Clover into the EFI partition.

thanks.
I reformatted the disk. Installed Clover from SourceForge as usual.. and installed to the EFi Partition fine.
After that id did install High Sierra to the disk and vclover was still on the efi partition.

If i try to install clover to efi after if have installed High Sierra it's not working. realy strang but this way aaround it was working for me.

Clover installer can't mount the EFI partition on an APFS disk, you need to mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually.

Clover installer can't mount the EFI partition on an APFS disk, you need to mount the EFI partition and move the EFI folder from the root manually.

thanks,
isn't there i hidden boot-flile that need to be moved as well? or just moving the efi file will do.
How will it work with future clover updates?
It will update clover on the main disk and we need to move the efi file over to the efi partion?

I'm confused about future APFS-based Hackintoshes as well. Today I install Clover (from SourceForge), ticking UEFI to ESP, and as you describe, it doesn't touch the EFI partition, but instead installs to an EFI folder on the main partition. I manually move the contents to the EFI partition. There are no hidden files, but it is a manual process and prone to error. I haven't played with simply using Finder drag-n-drop and letting it see there is an EFI folder and do I want to merge it, possibly that would work.

But yes, APFS-based disks in High Sierra won't have EFI partitions normally (the High Sierra installer doesn't create one like the Sierra installer did). Sierra disks upgraded to High Sierra will.

But I'm not clear on what the future looks like for a clean install of High Sierra to an APFS-formatted SSD. Clover will install to the EFI partition on the root partition, and you'll change what in the BIOS? I thought setting the system to boot UEFI looked for the boot files in the EFI partition. Without an EFI partition, what does the BIOS boot process look like, what BIOS changes are required?

But yes, APFS-based disks in High Sierra won't have EFI partitions normally (the High Sierra installer doesn't create one like the Sierra installer did). Sierra disks upgraded to High Sierra will.

Wrong. EFI is still there, as is the case with all GPT partitioned disks by Disk Utility.

i am not quite sure if it has to due with it, but my system is booting sooo slow it takes about 3 minutes where my Sierra
install needs just seconds to boot up.
May I have to play with my config.plist not sure yet

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.2 KB · Views: 380
thanks,
isn't there i hidden boot-flile that need to be moved as well? or just moving the efi file will do.
How will it work with future clover updates?
It will update clover on the main disk and we need to move the efi file over to the efi partion?
UEFI booting has no extra files or special boot code written to the disk like MBR. Well, Apple do but that's their business.

There are no hidden files, but it is a manual process and prone to error
At least it will be your error and not a bug in the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back