2. iMac
  3. Plus
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
...I'd just like to say:

I've been a paid Mac tech since 1998.

Trying my first Hackintosh. Gotta use Clover Configurator to get graphics working right.

This:

"Check your Custom Entry -> Settings field in your config.plist

Settings=special mean a file special.plist which is the same as config.pilst but with other values.

Boot and GUI keys will be deleted"

mean absolutely FRAK ALL to new people. It might as well say "The Gostak distimms the Doshes in your config.plist key dict!" I can't even begin to google what that all is supposed to mean or how to figure out whether I should continue using Clover Configurator or just give up.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but ya'll need some technical writing help.

...I'd just like to say:

I've been a paid Mac tech since 1998.

Trying my first Hackintosh. Gotta use Clover Configurator to get graphics working right.

This:

"Check your Custom Entry -> Settings field in your config.plist

Settings=special mean a file special.plist which is the same as config.pilst but with other values.

Boot and GUI keys will be deleted"

mean absolutely FRAK ALL to new people. It might as well say "The Gostak distimms the Doshes in your config.plist key dict!" I can't even begin to google what that all is supposed to mean or how to figure out whether I should continue using Clover Configurator or just give up.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but ya'll need some technical writing help.

I hate to tell you, but it *is* the internet.
To say that the quality/clarity of information "may vary" would be an understatement.
Combine poor writing skills with poor command of the English language and you have what you have.

Yeah.

But ignoring the problem, or suffering with it, doesn't make it better.

I mean--I didn't even KNOW I didn't have power management enabled. Heck, I've looked at the Clover Wiki. I wanted to use it.

It's CRAP.

I've been a Mac guy since there were Macs. Trying to get this "straight by the recommended list" build working right makes me feel like I did back when I dipped my toes into Linux. EVERY SINGLE POST intended to be helpful assumes a level of knowledge that new people Just. Don't. Have.

First of all... this a "Hack"intosh community. Noob-it at your own risk. Everything found here is a gamble and nothing is guaranteed.

This hackintosh thing is not for the faint of heart. I feel your pain since I went through it four years ago. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back