1. Centris
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey :)

Did a fresh install of High Sierra on my SSD with HFS, installed the newest Multibeast-Tools and anything is working so far.

To generate a new serial number, and disable "legacy" in the boot section, I edited my config with cc, and saved it. But after that, my PC won't boot anymore. I see the Apple Logo, but nothing happens. When I compare the config before and after the changes, I see that clover configurator changed more than only my smbios and the boot options.

I attach the two configs, maybe anyone can see whats causing the problems.

Attachments

• config-works.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 264
  • config-works-not.plist
    6 KB · Views: 170
Hey :)

Did a fresh install of High Sierra on my SSD with HFS, installed the newest Multibeast-Tools and anything is working so far.

To generate a new serial number, and disable "legacy" in the boot section, I edited my config with cc, and saved it. But after that, my PC won't boot anymore. I see the Apple Logo, but nothing happens. When I compare the config before and after the changes, I see that clover configurator changed more than only my smbios and the boot options.

I attach the two configs, maybe anyone can see whats causing the problems.

The only changes I saw where in the SMBIOS section specifically the Serial number and Board Serial number. Why change the serial number anyhow?

I attach the two configs, maybe anyone can see whats causing the problems
The app is merging the new 'friendly name' fixes into the old names and screwing it up.

edit: added attachement

Attachments

• config-fixed.plist
    6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Hi! :)

Thanks for your help, but the fixed plist is also not working, same problem. I replaced the smbios in the original plist with the new generated smbios with textwrangler, and then it works.

why change the serial number anyhow? i thought it's not so pretty if anyone use the same serial number, especially in combination with an appleid and icloud.

ok, now i've learned it's not the best choice to use CC, but i've not found out what CC has done wrong. Will copy and paste part for part to a new test config to find it out

Apologies i uploaded the uncorrected .plist by mistake. If you delete all the fixes, or set them all to false (as in the working) i believe it will work.

Attachments

• config-fixed.plist
    5 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back