i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

After researching intensively and fresh installing multiple times from USB installer; I am sure that I need to use the following settings in Clover EFI V2 in Custom Install settings:

1) Install Clover in the ESP

2) Bootloader:
a) Install boot0af in MBR

3) CloverEFI
a) CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

4) Drivers64
a) USBKbDxe-64 - for USB Keyboard
b) USBMouseDxe-64 - for USB Mouse
c) XhciDxe-64 - for USB 3.0 driver
d) HashServiceFix-64 - fix HDPI cursor in newer OS

5) Install RC scripts on target volume

You won't need the following .efi files in Drivers64 for installation until you have specific purpose for them:
a) GrubEXFAT-64
b) GrubISO9660-64
c) GrubNTFS-64
d) GrubUDF-64
e) NvmExpressDxe-64
f) HashServiceFix-64
g) VBoxExt2-64
h) VBoxExt4-64
i) VBoxIso9600-64

Details provided by aol:
Grub is a boot loader. EXFAT is an MS file system. ISO 96xx is a file system (usually found on optical disks). NTFS is MS. Ext2 and Ext4 are Linux file systems (VBox is Sun's Virtual Box VM software, which is a good source of open source file system support including VBoxHFSPlus, the open source "legal" way to access HFS+ formatted disks).

NvmeExpressDxe has something to do with NVME disks, a kind of SSD that newer motherboards support, looks a little like a stick of RAM, you know it if you have it.

So if you don't have EXFAT, ISO 96xx, NTFS, Ext2 or Ext4 formatted disks in your system you almost certainly don't need any of the matching EFIs listed above.

Last edited:
My guess is most of those are file system support EFIs which you only need if you have a disk using that file system.

Grub is a boot loader. EXFAT is an MS file system. ISO 96xx is a file system (usually found on optical disks). NTFS is MS. Ext2 and Ext4 are Linux file systems (VBox is Sun's Virtual Box VM software, which is a good source of open source file system support including VBoxHFSPlus, the open source "legal" way to access HFS+ formatted disks).

Not sure about UDF or HashServiceFix. NvmeExpressDxe has something to do with NVME disks, a kind of SSD that newer motherboards support, looks a little like a stick of RAM, you know it if you have it.

So if you don't have EXFAT, ISO 96xx, NTFS, Ext2 or Ext4 formatted disks in your system you almost certainly don't need any of the matching EFIs listed above.

That's just my guess based on not a whole lot.

OK, so if I use Microsoft 10 in different connected Hard Drive to the same sharing PC with Hackintosh, I will need to install EXFAT, NTFS?

And as I am installing AHFS, I don't need to install VBoxIso9600-64.efi right?

I am not using Linux system; so not need to install VBoxExt2-64 and VBoxExt4-64 right?

My purpose is to write the perfect documentation for all needed and I will do the fresh install with the chosen drivers and post feedback and update accordingly.

Actually I was already running High Sierra 10.13 when I wrote this post. I have fresh installed again with the above settings and it is running perfectly and smoothly. If you have any Mac OS version installed; go to YouTube and create a USB Installer using your Mac or Hackintosh and then use the above settings for clover to run the setup. I can provide you the zip of my EFI. But creating the perfect USB installer is the key. Download the full 5.8 GB Installer file to do it.

Actually I was already running High Sierra 10.13 when I wrote this post. I have fresh installed again with the above settings and it is running perfectly and smoothly. If you have any Mac OS version installed; go to YouTube and create a USB Installer using your Mac or Hackintosh and then use the above settings for clover to run the setup. I can provide you the zip of my EFI. But creating the perfect USB installer is the key. Download the full 5.8 GB Installer file to do it.
Legacy Clover is already built with most of the drivers you need to boot. The only filesystem drivers you are likely to need are NTFS, HFS+ and APFS. You should read the Clover wiki.

Last edited:
Did that man. I needed extensive info to make the perfect Sierra Install with all kexts and everything to work from beginning. Finally got one. No issue, just need to fix audio. Everything else working so pretty well. I am gonna monitor this system next 2 weeks and then will consider it is done well for good. I am learning everyday as it is just the beginning of the ear of Hackintosh. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back