Contribute
Register

(Clover Config.plist)All new user of Clover plz read (Configuring Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I see you great experience with ivy bridge processor I am looking for a light got a hackintosh 10.9.4 maverick.

Motherboard ASUS P8H77-I Mini ITX, bootloalder clover UEFI, rest ok. SSDT, DSDT ta ok. Bios imac 13.1. plus the multiplier is between the minimum and maximum 16x34 and this problem.

Processor core i3-3240 ivy bridge, this all working except for the states. Flashmodbios with dcpimanager of CodeRush. I need your opinion of the expert who else should I try?
Would greatly appreciate it if you could help me, sorry for my ingles.Grato:thumbup:

Well, colour me "Derpa derp"!
I've been attempting to make a "Test Drive Clover USB Stick" and failing miserably.
Sadly, Clover has reduced me to a steaming pile of fear and loathing :oops:

Mobo: Z77X-UD5H
CPU: i7 2600K (sandybridge)
GFX: AMD R9 280X
Clover 2 r2758

I already have a fully functioning Mavericks 10.9.4 install using Chimera as the boot-loader on EFI.
So why clover? . . . because CLOVER.
To be clear, I'm not trying to make a Clover / OSX install USB, just a Clover UEFI boot USB for testing.
I have OSX and Windows on separate drives

So far:
1. If I use UEFI only method, clover boots up but I only see NTFS volumes, no OSX
2. If I use legacy method, magically my OSX main drive and recovery partition shows up, but Oh No, my keyboard and mouse die instantly - making it impossible to do anything until I plug in a spare standard USB keyboard and then boot to a lovely black screen.

I like the look and feel of this minimal black screen, but I just can't get anything done while gazing at it and not knowing what I'm clicking on :D

So, this is my Config:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>    <key>ACPI</key>    <dict>        <key>DSDT</key>        <dict>            <key>Debug</key>            <false/>            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>            <false/>            <key>Fixes</key>            <dict>                <key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>                <true/>            </dict>            <key>Name</key>            <string>DSDT.aml</string>            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>            <false/>        </dict>        <key>DropTables</key>        <array>            <dict>                <key>Signature</key>                <string>DMAR</string>            </dict>            <dict>                <key>Signature</key>                <string>SSDT</string>                <key>TableId</key>                <string>Cpu0Ist</string>            </dict>            <dict>                <key>Signature</key>                <string>SSDT</string>                <key>TableId</key>                <string>CpuPm</string>            </dict>        </array>        <key>SSDT</key>        <dict>            <key>DropOem</key>            <false/>            <key>Generate</key>            <dict>                <key>CStates</key>                <false/>                <key>PStates</key>                <false/>            </dict>        </dict>    </dict>    <key>Boot</key>    <dict>        <key>DefaultVolume</key>        <string>MacHDD</string>        <key>Legacy</key>        <string>PBR</string>        <key>Log</key>        <false/>        <key>Secure</key>        <false/>        <key>Timeout</key>        <integer>5</integer>        <key>XMPDetection</key>        <false/>    </dict>    <key>Devices</key>    <dict>        <key>Audio</key>        <dict>            <key>Inject</key>            <string>No</string>        </dict>        <key>FakeID</key>        <dict>            <key>ATI</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>IMEI</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>IntelGFX</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>LAN</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>NVidia</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>SATA</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>WIFI</key>            <string>0x0</string>            <key>XHCI</key>            <string>0x0</string>        </dict>        <key>USB</key>        <dict>            <key>FixOwnership</key>            <false/>            <key>Inject</key>            <false/>        </dict>    </dict>    <key>DisableDrivers</key>    <array>        <string>Nothing</string>    </array>    <key>GUI</key>    <dict>        <key>Hide</key>        <array>            <string>BOOTX64.EFI</string>            <string>Windows</string>        </array>        <key>Language</key>        <string>en:0</string>        <key>Mouse</key>        <dict>            <key>Enabled</key>            <true/>            <key>Mirror</key>            <false/>            <key>Speed</key>            <integer>8</integer>        </dict>        <key>Scan</key>        <dict>            <key>Entries</key>            <true/>            <key>Legacy</key>            <true/>            <key>Tool</key>            <true/>        </dict>        <key>ScreenResolution</key>        <string>1920x1080</string>        <key>Theme</key>        <string>bootcamp</string>    </dict>    <key>Graphics</key>    <dict>        <key>Inject</key>        <dict>            <key>ATI</key>            <true/>            <key>Intel</key>            <false/>            <key>NVidia</key>            <false/>        </dict>    </dict>    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>    <dict>        <key>AppleRTC</key>        <false/>        <key>KextsToPatch</key>        <array>            <dict>                <key>Comment</key>                <string>External icons patch</string>                <key>Find</key>                <data>                RXh0ZXJuYWw=                </data>                <key>Name</key>                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>                <key>Replace</key>                <data>                SW50ZXJuYWw=                </data>            </dict>        </array>    </dict>    <key>RtVariables</key>    <dict>        <key>LogEveryBoot</key>        <string>10</string>        <key>LogLineCount</key>        <integer>3000</integer>        <key>MountEFI</key>        <string>Yes</string>    </dict>    <key>SMBIOS</key>    <dict>        <key>Trust</key>        <false/>    </dict>    <key>SystemParameters</key>    <dict>        <key>InjectKexts</key>        <string>Detect</string>        <key>InjectSystemID</key>        <true/>    </dict></dict></plist>

I have a patched DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
I have FakeSMC.kext ; AppleIntelE1000e.kext ; NullCPUPowerManagement in CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
drivers64UEFI -> EmuVariableUefi-64.efi FSInject-64.efi HFSPlus.efi OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi PartitionDxe-64.efi

In the BIOS - I've tried disabling CSM with no difference.
Hope I provided enough details.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I should have mentioned that I did indeed try that very tutorial - was my first port of call - seemed to be exactly what I wanted . . . ( the title said it all)
But I couldn't even boot to clover following that guide.
I then searched around and finally at least got to the clover GUI.
There was no mention of formatting the EFI partition to FAT32 which I found elsewhere (for UEFI booting only)
I also tried the config files "standard and "ATI" linked . . . no go
So I posted my config here in the hope of getting some pointers.

So I posted my config here in the hope of getting some pointers.

The problem with that is the extremely small code box makes it impossible for me to read.
Try archive (zip) the config.plist and attach it to post. See manage attachments below your post text entry box - click the button, then add files, select files, and, once you have selected you file, upload file, then insert file and done.

The problem with that is the extremely small code box makes it impossible for me to read.
Try archive (zip) the config.plist and attach it to post. See manage attachments below your post text entry box - click the button, then add files, select files, and, once you have selected you file, upload file, then insert file and done.
I know right! I tried to edit it about 3 or 4 times to make the box bigger.

Here's my config file zippedView attachment config.plist.zip

Hmm,
well I have persevered and managed to actually boot my system using Clover r2758 with 2 caveats:

1. UEFI method just doesn't work for me at all - which is a shame because this is what I really want.
I was even day-dreaming about being able to bake into the bios. But no!
Clover boots up in very low resolution and only shows NTFS drives using this method.

2. Legacy booting (sort of) works, boots in native 1080p but still insta-kills my keyboard and mouse - requiring me to plug in a spare keyboard to be able to select my OS X installation ( 10.9.4) and proceed with booting to desktop. I disabled graphics injection of any kind to do this.

The only Kext I'm using now is FakeSMC (modified) from another tutorial by xpamamadeus over at insanelymac. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...yte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

Here is my current Config:

PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
  <key>DSDT</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Debug</key>
   <false/>
   <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>DSDT.aml</string>
   <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
   <false/>
  </dict>
  <key>DropTables</key>
  <array>
   <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>DMAR</string>
   </dict>
   <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>SSDT</string>
    <key>TableId</key>
    <string>CpuPm</string>
   </dict>
   <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>SSDT</string>
    <key>TableId</key>
    <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
   </dict>
  </array>
  <key>SSDT</key>
  <dict>
   <key>DropOem</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Generate</key>
   <dict>
    <key>CStates</key>
    <false/>
    <key>PStates</key>
    <false/>
   </dict>
  </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
  <key>Arguments</key>
  <string>slide=0</string>
  <key>DefaultVolume</key>
  <string>MacHDD</string>
  <key>Legacy</key>
  <string>PBR</string>
  <key>Log</key>
  <false/>
  <key>Secure</key>
  <false/>
  <key>Timeout</key>
  <integer>5</integer>
  <key>XMPDetection</key>
  <false/>
    </dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
  <key>Audio</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Inject</key>
   <string>No</string>
  </dict>
  <key>FakeID</key>
  <dict>
   <key>ATI</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>IMEI</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>IntelGFX</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>LAN</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>NVidia</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>SATA</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>WIFI</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
   <key>XHCI</key>
   <string>0x0</string>
  </dict>
  <key>USB</key>
  <dict>
   <key>FixOwnership</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Inject</key>
   <false/>
  </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>DisableDrivers</key>
    <array>
  <string>Nothing</string>
    </array>
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
  <key>Hide</key>
  <array>
   <string>Windows</string>
   <string>BOOTX64.EFI</string>
  </array>
  <key>Language</key>
  <string>en:0</string>
  <key>Mouse</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Enabled</key>
   <true/>
   <key>Mirror</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Speed</key>
   <integer>8</integer>
  </dict>
  <key>Scan</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Entries</key>
   <true/>
   <key>Legacy</key>
   <true/>
   <key>Tool</key>
   <true/>
  </dict>
  <key>ScreenResolution</key>
  <string>1920x1080</string>
  <key>Theme</key>
  <string>bootcamp</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
  <key>Inject</key>
  <dict>
   <key>ATI</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Intel</key>
   <false/>
   <key>NVidia</key>
   <false/>
  </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
  <key>AppleRTC</key>
  <false/>
  <key>KextsToPatch</key>
  <array>
   <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>External icons patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    RXh0ZXJuYWw=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    SW50ZXJuYWw=
    </data>
   </dict>
  </array>
    </dict>
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
  <key>LogEveryBoot</key>
  <string>10</string>
  <key>LogLineCount</key>
  <integer>3000</integer>
  <key>MLB</key>
  <string>C02FT7U2DHJP75431</string>
  <key>MountEFI</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
  <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
  <string>10/17/11</string>
  <key>BiosVendor</key>
  <string>Apple Inc.</string>
  <key>BiosVersion</key>
  <string>IM121.88Z.0047.B1D.1110171110</string>
  <key>Board-ID</key>
  <string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
  <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
  <key>BoardType</key>
  <integer>10</integer>
  <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
  <string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
  <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
  <key>ChassisType</key>
  <string>13</string>
  <key>Family</key>
  <string>iMac</string>
  <key>Manufacturer</key>
  <key>Mobile</key>
  <false/>
  <key>ProductName</key>
  <string>iMac12,2</string>
  <key>SerialNumber</key>
  <string>C02FT7U2DHJP</string>
  <key>Trust</key>
  <false/>
  <key>Version</key>
  <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
  <key>InjectKexts</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>InjectSystemID</key>
  <true/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
I'm really not sure what is going on, especially with UEFI booting. I set up my BIOS as per the mentioned guide over at insanely mac.
Perhaps it has something to do with already having a Chimera boot loader installed in EFI on my OS X drive?
I don't want to install Clover over this given the results I'm getting.
The idea is still very much testing on a USB boot drive only at this stage.
Anyway, any help appreciated - thanks for your time.

Attached zipped Config in case

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 112
I'm waaay too lazy to read the whole thread to see what you've done so far. If you want to test Clover UEFI, create UEFI:USB drive so don't hose your system.

Format a USB drive as a GUID partition. Install Clover to the USB with these settings:

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 7.39.29 PM.png

Use with this simple config.plist: View attachment simple-config.plist

Boot to UEFI:USB

I'm waaay too lazy to read the whole thread to see what you've done so far. If you want to test Clover UEFI, create UEFI:USB drive so don't hose your system.

Format a USB drive as a GUID partition. Install Clover to the USB with these settings:

View attachment 99652

Use with this simple config.plist: View attachment 99653

Boot to UEFI:USB

really?
lol
thanks

I think I'll just move on now :silent:

No joy - new thread started with my issue.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back