Contribute
Register

(Clover Config.plist)All new user of Clover plz read (Configuring Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using v2236 of Clover

And I am trying to make it so that my legacy drives do not show up

I said I have read through the wiki but I cannot make light of enough of it to build a proper config.plist

I have made a newer format one but the AICPUPM patch was not being init when i would load clover.
So I have gone back to an older 1935 revision I found on my USB stick and it does not load the stupid legacy partitions now either.

I think they broke clover for plenty of people after about v1980

Me and my friend cannot boot newer ones anymore without errors or suchlike

On rev 2236 with the new format config I a OsxAptioDrv Fix error saying the men block is too large. So there you go, broken

Hopefully I can get the new Mac Pro today and fix all this crap once and for all.
Cannot have these issues with a professional machine :thumbdown:

Hopefully I can get the new Mac Pro today and fix all this crap once and for all.
professional user? professional machine? don't have time for this crap? cool, write the check to apple and quit wasting our time...

I have made a newer format one but the AICPUPM patch was not being init when i would load clover.
So I have gone back to an older 1935 revision I found on my USB stick and it does not load the stupid legacy partitions now either.

On rev 2236 with the new format config I a OsxAptioDrv Fix error saying the men block is too large. So there you go, broken

While you're becoming super professional, might want to move that studio and monitors out of the corner, you may as well be listening to laptop speakers putting monitors in the corner like that friend.

I appreciate just where you are coming from except for two things. One this is the only place I can put my setup in the room I am in. Since I am not living in the luxury of the parents home I rent privately, this room is not that large. Also, these are front firing ports on the ADAM A5Xs. So they are fine placed where they are. I am sure that there is some increase in the bass reproduction, but I have headphones to listen to my mixes with and also I am studying to compose for Film/Games and TV anyway. So the music I make it not especially dance style and bass heavy.

I have had no issues with the reproduction so far though. And I would never go as far as to say i may as well be listening to laptop speakers. I have a MacBook Pro and can assure you 100% that the ADAMS like this blow the speakers on that laptop out of the water in their current setup.

Hey Bro,

So first it hope you don't mind me asking for help.

Ok so I have been using custo macs for about 4 years. I have used a range of hardware over the years and have always managed to get OS X installed using bios methods. I have had ML running perfect for the past year and just updated to Mavericks using unibeast. A few things changed but I did manage to get it up and running.

I have been doing lots of reading over the past week and have decided that I would like to boot UEFI for a more vanilla install and also for the recovery partition.

I have tried and better tried to get my system booting using clover bit seem to be failing miserably and this is infuriating as I'm not new to OS X and also I have worked as a techie for many years so usually I pick things up easy.

I have stumbled across lots of your posts while troubleshooting and also seen that you have previously used the same hardware I'm trying to work this on. I was wondering if you were able to help me get this up and running.

My rig is as follows

i7 2700k
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
16 gb DDR 3 Ram
256gb Vertex 4 SSD
2 x GTX480

I have a dsdt already compiled and patched that seems to work fine I think or always has done in the past. The only issue I see in mavericks at the moments is that the second 480 is only showing as 1mb VRAM where as the first displays correct at 1500mb. I can't say I can remember this in ML but I can't be positive of that.

Hopefully you are able to help me with this I can send what ever configuration files you need to see

Again sorry for the questioning I'm just desperate to get this Clover working

Danny

The config.plist has been changed since rev 2000+. To create a proper config.plist, the best way is using Clover Configurator here: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-macwin-clover-configurator/

To hide legacy partitions, go to Gui section, set Scan to Custom, select Entries only.

The latest version of Clover Configurator can convert your old config.plist to new structure.

Before u try to boot with clover beaware that clover setup install sample config.plist that will not work for everyone!
For good config.plist we can use Clover Configurator to make things easy.

Plz check Clover WIKI before just start changing things in config.plist

When u first install clover u need to know that default theme set in config.plist its "metal" soo install this one if u dont want-know to change theme in config.plist.:headbang:

Current happy users can help new users here.
Plz post here your:
Current version of clover
hardware u use
method u use Clover (Legacy or UEFI)
share your config.plist
share your list of drivers u use with clover.
Have created installer and installed, but still can't get the install to boot the first time to do initial set-up.

OK, downloaded Clover Configurator. Is there a guide on how to use it or is it supposed to be "intuitive"?
If not using a DSDT, then ACPI section not used, yes?

Then boot section is fairly self explanatory, although I see no benefit in booting 32 bit mode.
using 64bitUEFI makes 64bit default, yes? For GA-Z77-DS3H with i3 3225 and a disk volume named Mavericks I would think to select verbose mode, type Mavericks into the Default Boot Volume box, default loader then would be Clover, yes? then slide Timeout for wait time and select log if you want to log your boot, yes?

CPU section, for i3 3225, Freq is 3.3 GHz, so type in 3300MHz
where do you get info on Bus Speed, Latency and QPI? I don't find any of this info at Ark.Intel.
Assume type is i3 and put check in C2 box

Devices - ? not sure of any of this

Disable Drivers - Why?

GUI - presume this is for someone who wants to create his/her own?

Graphics - see a place for this with a gfx card installed

Kernel and Kext Patches - OK, might need something there, like Apple RTC

Rt Variables - not sure what this is - over my head ATM

SMBIOS - OK, most of this can come off of Chameleon Wizard, but where do you get the info for the second and third lines of boxes and the SmUID?

System Parameters - I would guess you put the UUID of your boot drive in Custom UUID and Backlight Level is for laptops, Inject Kexts - check so you don't have to select it whenever you boot, check no caches if you want it to always ignore system caches OK, Inject System ID? not sure about this one.

Basically what is needed is a guide for where to find the info to plug into all these boxes.

Thanks to guides like this I have a working Hackintosh that I can boot either with Chimera or now with a Clover USB stick. Thanks for everyone who spends time on this.

I have attached a generic config.plist that finally got my boot working. I think it is a better place to start than the default ones installed by Clover.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 929
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back