Contribute
Register

Clover: Change Legacy HD2 & HD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Simple question - In my Clover Gui Boot Menu I have Legacy HD1 and Legacy HD2 which point to my Windows 10 and System Reserved partition, how do I change Legacy to say Windows 10? I've tried putting the UUID under Custom Legacy in the GUI partition of Clover Configurator but this didn't do the trick. I also want to hide the other legacy which is System Reserved.

I am running 10.11 but not sure this would make a difference.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Simple question - In my Clover Gui Boot Menu I have Legacy HD1 and Legacy HD2 which point to my Windows 10 and System Reserved partition, how do I change Legacy to say Windows 10? I've tried putting the UUID under Custom Legacy in the GUI partition of Clover Configurator but this didn't do the trick. I also want to hide the other legacy which is System Reserved.

I am running 10.11 but not sure this would make a difference.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers

Here you go:
Screenshot 2015-09-24 17.58.25.jpg

Custom legacy entry, documented in the Clover Wiki

Here you go:
Custom legacy entry, documented in the Clover Wiki

Thank you so much for putting me on the right track. I did try custom legacy entry but didn't actually think to all the volume legacy HD 1. However just a few notes for any future readers. Boot<Windows 10>from<Legacy HD1> actually named it that in clover, so just use "Windows 10" for the title. For System Reserved, using legacy HD 2 as the volume did not work however using "System Reserved" did. Also make sure you set the type to windows or else they will not save in the config.

View attachment Clover GUI.tiff

Thank you so much for putting me on the right track. I did try custom legacy entry but didn't actually think to all the volume legacy HD 1. However just a few notes for any future readers. Boot<Windows 10>from<Legacy HD1> actually named it that in clover, so just use "Windows 10" for the title. For System Reserved, using legacy HD 2 as the volume did not work however using "System Reserved" did. Also make sure you set the type to windows or else they will not save in the config.

View attachment 152274

I just opened up CC and created that real quick because I was too lazy to type out the instructions :p, and yes, I totally forgot to set the 'type' sorry for that. And the naming convention I showed, forgot the fact that you only wanted it called Windows 10. As mine are setup "Boot OS X from El Capitan" and Boot Windows from UEFI. I just figured you should do it the way I do it dammit :lol:

Glad I at least got you going :thumbup:

Edit*
Im having a helluva time trying to get Clover to boot a Legacy installed windows through PBR http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-boo...boot-yosemite-uefi-win7-legacy-questions.html and seeing your naming convention, using "System Reserved," rather than Legacy HD 2 has got me thinking maybe that could be my issue. Weird however, because Ive hidden both of the Legacy HD 1 & HD 2 options using that convention :think: So maybe I have to call it one thing to hide it, and another to boot from it :crazy:. Im thinking Ive tried that, but I will now revisit that idea.

I just opened up CC and created that real quick

Thank you, I really appreciate that.
because I was too lazy to type out the instructions :p,
I believe visual representations are better anyway.

and yes, I totally forgot to set the 'type' sorry for that.
Don't be sorry. Without your post I would still be a square one.

And the naming convention I showed, forgot the fact that you only wanted it called Windows 10. As mine are setup "Boot OS X from El Capitan" and Boot Windows from UEFI. I just figured you should do it the way I do it dammit :lol:

HAHA, I get what you mean by Boot<Windows 10>from<Legacy HD1>, you meant for me to write "Boot Windows 10 from Legacy HD1" nah I actually wrote "Boot<Windows 10>from<Legacy HD1>" thinking the "<>" were part of a command :lol:

Glad I at least got you going :thumbup:
Thanks you and me both. OCD has put up with a messy clover for far too long (used to have about 6 drives listed). So since I pretty much re-did my system - Removed 10.10 and freshly installed 10.11, Removed Windows 7 and freshly installed Windows 10 on a partition (of a seperate HDD than my boot SSD) as well as re doing my overclock (hence the windows partition) I thought it was time to tackle and clean up clover, now with just two options "El Capitan" and "Windows 10" with a nicer theme.

Edit*
Im having a helluva time trying to get Clover to boot a Legacy installed windows through PBR http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-boo...boot-yosemite-uefi-win7-legacy-questions.html and seeing your naming convention, using "System Reserved," rather than Legacy HD 2 has got me thinking maybe that could be my issue. Weird however, because Ive hidden both of the Legacy HD 1 & HD 2 options using that convention :think: So maybe I have to call it one thing to hide it, and another to boot from it :crazy:. Im thinking Ive tried that, but I will now revisit that idea.
I'll give this a read in the morning and see if I come up with anything. Let me know how you go with it though.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back