Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
I7-930
Graphics
ATI HD5770
Happy New Years all,

I have a stable build at this point. However, upon boot, Clover does not detect my Windows 10 drive.

I have Default Boot Volume = LastBootedVolume
I have Legacy = PBR
Timeout = 3 seconds (it never auto boots either, ugh)

GUI in Clover Configurator Scan is set to Legacy too.

Attached are a couple screens and my config.plist.

Hoping someone can take a quick look and tell me what is wrong here.

Thank you so much.

~Eric

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.10.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.10.39 AM.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.11.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.11.21 AM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 271
  • config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 304
Is the windows 10 drive connected to an Intel SATA port? Press F2 at the clover menu and upload /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log that gets saved.

Thread moved to Multi Booting.

Is the windows 10 drive connected to an Intel SATA port? Press F2 at the clover menu and upload /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log that gets saved.
Hello Vulgo. Thanks for your reply.

OSX is on a separate SSD. Windows 10 is on a 1TB WD Black HDD. Both are connected to the SATA on on the mb (2 most right I believe).

I will upload the file you ask this afternoon when I get home.

Thx.

~Eric

Hello, attached is the preboot.log from the misc folder.

Also, here are screens from iboot 3.3.0 showing the Windows drive vs Clover 4359 which does not (doesn't even display the drive name either).

I get the error "Uploaded file does not have an allowed extension" so could not upload the log file. I put it in google drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X9sNaLMH7T2iEo0i92wWvSa7lmtD_cU8

Thx.

~Eric

PS.

Anything there hint at why the shutdown fix only works half the time?

Attachments

• 20180105_175527.jpg
    20180105_175527.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 303
  • 20180105_180354.jpg
    20180105_180354.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 287
I get the error "Uploaded file does not have an allowed extension" so could not upload the log file. I put it in google drive.
You can rename it to txt, though Google Drive works surprisingly well.

If Windows 10 disk is different from the 2 partition Windows disk that Clover is already adding to the menu, then unfortunately Clover isn't scanning the Windows 10 disk - according to the literature your motherboard has Intel SATA ports, Marvel SATA ports and Gigabyte SATA ports - can you confirm which drives are connected to what ports?

Attached are 2 screens that help answer your questions.

The first one;
> From OS X Finder, displays the Sierra on SSD, and then the Snow Leopard and Windows (from the HDD) as expected
> Pages from the manual; SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3 (CD, SSD, and HD are attached to these)
> Says it's a Southbridge SATA 3 Gb/s

Second screen;
> Pic from inside the MB
> Clover upon first boot - shows the standard 2 apple drives (no Windows)
> Clover once Exit Clover is selected - reboots and now displays all the attached drives.

What gives??

And thank you.

~EV

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 3.50.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 3.50.45 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 300
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 3.51.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 3.51.00 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 296
Attached are 2 screens that help answer your questions.

The first one;
> From OS X Finder, displays the Sierra on SSD, and then the Snow Leopard and Windows (from the HDD) as expected
> Pages from the manual; SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3 (CD, SSD, and HD are attached to these)
> Says it's a Southbridge SATA 3 Gb/s

Second screen;
> Pic from inside the MB
> Clover upon first boot - shows the standard 2 apple drives (no Windows)
> Clover once Exit Clover is selected - reboots and now displays all the attached drives.

What gives??

And thank you.

~EV
Thanks, looks likes everything is connected to the blue Intel ports then. Can you get the preboot.log from when it doesn't show the entries so we can see what is different?

Good idea. Ok, so I pressed F2 when it only shows the 2 apple drives, then on a second iteration, did the same thing for when all drives showed.

preboot1 = 2 Mac drives showing
preboot2 = windows, snow leopard, Sierra, recovery

It also never Autoboots with 3 seconds timer.

ScanVolumes is different.
Also in InitThemes, upon the Exit Clover and reload, "Scanning Legacy ..." now picks up the windows drives.

Merci beaucoup.

Attachments

• preboot1.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 294
  • preboot2.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 318
Good idea. Ok, so I pressed F2 when it only shows the 2 apple drives, then on a second iteration, did the same thing for when all drives showed.

preboot1 = 2 Mac drives showing
preboot2 = windows, snow leopard, Sierra, recovery

It also never Autoboots with 3 seconds timer.

ScanVolumes is different.
Also in InitThemes, upon the Exit Clover and reload, "Scanning Legacy ..." now picks up the windows drives.

Merci beaucoup.
Boot 1 is an EFI boot - does your motherboard have the Gigabyte hybrid BIOS? Any way to turn it off so it goes straight to the legacy path? Renaming the folder /efi/boot to /efi/boot_off may also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back