1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

Today I´ve installed Mac OS X El Capitan on my PC and it works perfectly. But when booting it up there is no working entry for my Windows OS (I´ve installed Mac on the 1st SSD and Windows on the 2nd; Clover UEFI, not Legacy)! In fact, there are three Windows entries in Clover, but no one is working, there were only blinking lines.. When starting up into the Boot Menu of my Mainboard (Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5) and choosing my Samsung SSD on which Windows is installed, Windows is booting.

Now I´m wondering if there was any way of adding an entry into the Clover bootloader, so that I´m able to boot into either Windows or Mac OS X?

P.S.: I´ve attached my config.plist, this might help you

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 244
add

Code:
        <key>Scan</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <string>First</string>
            <key>Tool</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

with a uefi windows install, youll get 3 options in clover. the one that should work is called boot windows efi from efi or something like that

Hi Samisnake and co.,
I'm also trying to set up UEFI dual boot with Windows 10. The Config.plist and many other details are still a blurry mysterious element to me, although I have been reading more about it. So I'll try to add this entry into mine. Can I ask why you stll state "Legacy" here even though we are attempting an efi boot into windows.

Also I have windows installed on one drive and El Capitan on another but I cannot boot into windows. How can I retreive the EFI data from Windows without booting into it? I Think I may be able to boot via the Windows Install USB? Sorry I cannot try that now... if that is not how it's done can someone give me some ideas? Then I understand it is just a matter of transerring them over to the efi partition on my El Capitan install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back