Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD7850 OC WindForce 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I followed tonymac's guide to Yosemite using Clover, and now I'm at a point where the system will only boot from the memory stick I used to install it.

The BIOS ignores my SSD (where Yosemite is installed) and automatically prioritises my dvd drive over it no matter how many times I change it.

If I hold F12 and boot from P1: Samsung SSD, nothing happens and it acts as if I chose the dvd drive.
If I choose UEFI: Samsung SSD, it brings up the default theme Clover boot menu, but then when I choose to boot OS X from 'Yosemite' (name of partition) I get a black screen.

Only the USB stick works and I have no idea why :/

Specs:
i5-3570k
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Gigabyte Radeon 7850 2GB OC WindForce
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB (4x4GB)

Clover: can only boot from USB (Solved)

This is extremely frustrating; I just tried reformatting the EFI partition and dragging the files I use from the USB stick to the EFI with no luck.

The BIOS still doesn't recognise my SSD and automatically skips it; it will only load clover if I select UEFI: Samsung in F12 Boot Menu and even then the loading menu is in a low resolution and OS X won't load past halfway.

The only way I can boot OS X is from the USB stick.

Edit: I fixed this by clearing NVRAM (nvram -c in terminal), and reinstalling Clover onto the EFI, making sure the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi driver, which enabled the EFI to boot OSX and then CSMVideoDxe-64.efi driver fixed the boot menu resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back