Motherboard
Gigabyte GA H110-M S2V
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 750Ti
Hello!
I need help with macOS High Sierra

Previously, I installed on my PC macOS High Sierra on the HDD drive, and then Win10 on the SSD. Both systems worked well.

But ... I recently had to replace the motherboard ((I found almost the same model that I had, the differences are minimal - H110-M S2H replaced with H110-M S2V

Win10 was loaded the first time it was started, but the Clover menu did not appear, as it was before ...

In BIOS settings there are 3 boot points - HDD / SSD / Windows Boot Manager
1 and 2 lead to the error "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key", option 3 (WBM) loads Win10

I have USB Flash, with which I previously installed macOS. I tried to boot the system from it, eventually the Clover menu appeared and I was able to select macOS.

I installed the latest version of Clover on the HDD, but if I do not use USB Flash, then Clover does not load ((

I really hope that they will help me solve the problem, since I want to use macOS

If this can not be solved, can the best solution be to install macOS again, erasing the partition with the current system during installation?

* noticed that when the PC is booted, if the USB Flash is connected, the "6_" symbol flashes for a few seconds on the screen, before this was not ...

Moved to Multi Booting.

Double check your BIOS/UEFI settings - is CSM enabled or disabled? Is Win10 installed Legacy or UEFI mode?

I don't think I have the same issue as @TaurosRMK, but I would use a similar subject in the thread title.

Here's the long and short. I have one EFI partition on one of 3 SSD drives of a multibooting ASRock Hack. I have installed Clover on the EFI partition. But the BIOS boot manager ONLY sees a Windows Boot Manager option. It does NOT see the Clover boot. But if I put in my USB Clover OSX installer and select the USB as the boot device, Clover sees all my boot options, Windows, High Sierra, Carbon Clone backup, Linux. I have disabled the BIOS Boot Manager - seems it's for Windows really. The BIOS only recognizes Windows Boot from this WD drive - so I assume it is looking in the EFI partition (the only one on all the SSD drives).

I am hesitant to erase the single EFI partition and reformat it as MS-DOS and start from scratch - without your advice.

How did I get here? The PCI-E Samsung SSD drive went bad after less than a year. I have replaced it with a WD PCI-E drive.
I had a Carbon Clone backup to a USB 3TB drive. I booted from that USB, and restored the OS to the WD PCI-E drive. I loaded my backed up EFI partition, from another drive, onto the WD drive and rebooted.

It started up the Windows 10 disk and OS.

I dropped back into the BIOS, make sure the CSM mode was disabled, restarted, and back to Windows 10 it went. The ASRock BIOS does NOT see a Clover UEFI boot option.

I reinstalled Clover, I'm pretty close to latest version, I think I'm 4355 or something. Still no change, ASRock BIOS only sees the Windows Manager.

There is no Windows 10 UEFI option in my BIOS. I have searched. I have another Gigabyte Hack and it's BIOS Boot screen does offer a Windows 10 or OTHER OS option. I don't see it here on the ASRock.

So bottom line is I can only multiboot from the USB installer. I can't get Clover to boot from the EFI partition of the PCI-E Western Digital SSD.

Do I erase the EFI partition and try another install?

The OSX runs fine on the WD drive. Before the Samsung crapped out that drive multibooted with Clover from it's EFI drive.

Is the problem that the EFI partition is in the wrong place? I'm pretty sure its the first partition.

Here's what diskutil list in the terminal shows for the WD drive.

dev/disk2 (internal):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme 500.1 GB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk3 499.9 GB disk2s2

Suggestion?

How did I get here? The PCI-E Samsung SSD drive went bad after less than a year. I have replaced it with a WD PCI-E drive.
I had a Carbon Clone backup to a USB 3TB drive. I booted from that USB, and restored the OS to the WD PCI-E drive. I loaded my backed up EFI partition, from another drive, onto the WD drive and rebooted.

Suggestion?
At what point did you re-install the boot loader? Simply copying files from EFI folder to EFI folder is insufficient to make a drive bootable - you must also install the boot loader. Best procedure is to first install Clover, then add/delete kext files, drivers, etc. - which can be a PITA. Alternate method is easier - install Clover, replace the Clover installer's EFI folder with your backup copy, then run the Clover installer again to update Clover boot loader.

Hello!
I need help with macOS High Sierra

Previously, I installed on my PC macOS High Sierra on the HDD drive, and then Win10 on the SSD. Both systems worked well.

But ... I recently had to replace the motherboard ((I found almost the same model that I had, the differences are minimal - H110-M S2H replaced with H110-M S2V

Win10 was loaded the first time it was started, but the Clover menu did not appear, as it was before ...

In BIOS settings there are 3 boot points - HDD / SSD / Windows Boot Manager
1 and 2 lead to the error "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key", option 3 (WBM) loads Win10

I have USB Flash, with which I previously installed macOS. I tried to boot the system from it, eventually the Clover menu appeared and I was able to select macOS.

I installed the latest version of Clover on the HDD, but if I do not use USB Flash, then Clover does not load ((

I really hope that they will help me solve the problem, since I want to use macOS

If this can not be solved, can the best solution be to install macOS again, erasing the partition with the current system during installation?

* noticed that when the PC is booted, if the USB Flash is connected, the "6_" symbol flashes for a few seconds on the screen, before this was not ...
Double check BIOS/UEFI settings, making sure they are the same as the old board. Especially check CSM and boot device order.

:crazy:
At what point did you re-install the boot loader? Simply copying files from EFI folder to EFI folder is insufficient to make a drive bootable - you must also install the boot loader. Best procedure is to first install Clover, then add/delete kext files, drivers, etc. - which can be a PITA. Alternate method is easier - install Clover, replace the Clover installer's EFI folder with your backup copy, then run the Clover installer again to update Clover boot loader.

@Going Bald :

I have many disks, see attached Clover Install log file. I have run the standard clover installer and selected the disk, disk1 physical, called WD-M2-Apple as my install disk. Clover installer runs and says it is successful.

I then 'sudo disktuil mount disk1s1' in terminal and 'cd to /Volumes/EFI'

The partition/directory, EFI, shows itself to be EMPTY.

The Clover installer appears to have installed to /Volumes/WD-M2-Apple/EFI.

I can't therefore boot from this disk1.

Please don't ask me to disconnect all the drives, I can't do that for various boot and reliability issues.

QUESTION: how do I get the Clover installed to install the BOOT and EFI files to /dev/disk1s1 ??
- It seems to not recognize there is an EFI partition in the APFS GUID formatted drive.
- Is there another way around this?

HELP . :confused: o_O

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 147
@tecemac

try with cd /disk1s1/EFI/EFI
or run EFIMounter app from desktop and select disk1 and click on mount to mount the EFI partition.

try with cd /disk1s1/EFI/EFI
or run EFIMounter app from desktop and select disk1 and click on mount to mount the EFI partition.

@Going Bald

I really don't understand how I fixed this problem. I erased the SSD drive yet again, and made it Mac-OS Journaled, GUID partition. I tried to load Clover, instead this time using Multibeast 10.4. It failed. I looked at Mulibeast.log:

Code:
0/21/18 20:20:54 - Starting MultiBeast 10.4.0-20180812
10/21/18 20:21:43 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode'
10/21/18 20:21:47 - Installing 'BootVolume'
10/21/18 20:21:47 - Mounting EFI at destination 'WD-M2-Apple'
10/21/18 20:21:48 - EFI partition for volume does not contain a CLover config.plist. Exiting.

I used the DiskUtil to convert from HFS to APFS. I believe I ran the standard Clover EFI installer - not mounting using the EFI Mounter of Clover Configurator mounter, or diskutil mount.

I then mounted the WD-M2-Apple drive, EFI partition and there was Clover. I load my saved config.plist, and all my other Clover modified folders from when I first created this Hackintosh, and used Carbon Copy C to reinitialize the new drive, rebooted from that drive and:

Success.

I have no idea what caused Clover to load this time in the correct drive. I've been trying for weeks to get it fixed. I hope it remains this way.

Thanks for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back