3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

I had a working 2 drive dual-boot Sierra/Win10 Hackintosh (+2 internal drives of data) that got messed up after a recent Clover update.
I decided to use that opportunity to backup and wipe the OSX drive and install Mojave, but realized that my GPU wasn’t supported so I rolled back to Sierra, but went for High Sierra this time.

Install went ok. I held back on any special stuff until post installation, remembering that my first build was a rocky road.

The issue in short: I’d like to be able to chose Win10 as a boot option in Clover, since I was able to do this before the upgrade but after the upgrade, I’m only able to boot Win10 via F12 in the BIOS post screen.
Windows 10 is installed as UEFI and the volume is GPT. I checked this with msinfo32.exe.

I searched the forum and found some hints as to get this working again. After creating an EFI folder in Windows, copying the contents over to the EFI partition on the Mac OS installation (as per this thread), I now have three entries called "Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI" in Clover and chosing one of it, results in a black screen and turned off keyboard after a Windows 10 loading icon appears, the other leads to a blue error screen and I have to reboot and the last entry doesn’t work either.

However, I found out that if I in the BIOS choose "Windows 8" for the option "Windows 8 Features", plus setting secure boot to "disabled" and CSM support to "never", I can chose the first Windows 10 entry in Clover and after a Windows repair screen, I can boot into Windows 10 (the repair screen only shows that one time, the boots that follow go directly to the Windows 10 log-in screen).
BUT if I now choose High Sierra as a boot option in Clover, although I get my usual verbose Mac OSX boot which ends with the same line as everytime, it then activates a different monitor and stays on a black screen. The Mac OSX log-in screen never appears.

So basically with "Windows 8 Features" = "Windows 8" plus CSM support "never" and Secure Boot "disabled" I can boot Windows 10 but not High Sierra and with "Windows 8 Features" = "Other OS", I can boot High Sierra but not Windows 10 from Clover.

I noticed that when I set Windows 8 Features to "Other OS" (i.e. CSM turned On) the Mac OSX verbose boot is on my left of three screens and when I set Windows 8 Features to "Windows 8" the verbose boot text appears on my middle of three screens before turning it off and showing the stuck black screen on the left.
The monitors are connected via display port and the one in the middle is connected via hdmi.

Any ideas how I can get my dual boot via Clover working correctly again?
If I need to supply more information, just let me know.

Thanks

EDIT: Solved. I had to disable IGPU in BIOS to be able to boot from Clover to both Mac OS X and Windows 10 while Windows 8 Features is set to "Other OS".

Last edited:
Moved to Multi Booting

Solved. I had to disable IGPU in BIOS.
This thread led me to the solution:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back