GTX970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the TonyMacx86 guide and had no trouble getting 10.5 to install and boot using Clover as long as the USB key I installed from is in. I can restart as often as I like, not a problem.
I installed Clover with the same settings and all the kexts recommended along with the HD4600 config.plist and the switch to the HFSPlus.efi. Just as I did for the USB.
It **will not** boot from that drive.

Any suggestions?

I've been thinking of trying to make an SSDT, but I don't really have a lot of experience with that. Ok, I have no experience with that.

I followed the TonyMacx86 guide and had no trouble getting 10.5 to install and boot using Clover as long as the USB key I installed from is in. I can restart as often as I like, not a problem.
I installed Clover with the same settings and all the kexts recommended along with the HD4600 config.plist and the switch to the HFSPlus.efi. Just as I did for the USB.
It **will not** boot from that drive.

Any suggestions?

I've been thinking of trying to make an SSDT, but I don't really have a lot of experience with that. Ok, I have no experience with that.

Easy solution, delete the EFI folder on the drive and replace it with the one form the usb drive, that will solve the boot problem.

OK, I did feel a bit stupid for not having tried that, but in the end it didn't work.

The ASRock UEFI Setup Utility comes on immediately when you try to boot from the SSD (I called it an HDD, I wouldn't imagine that it makes a difference). If I exit and try to force it to boot of my SSD it just loops back. If I plug in the USB with Clover, no problem. I don't even need to hit f11.

Is this a settings issue?

OK, I did feel a bit stupid for not having tried that, but in the end it didn't work.

The ASRock UEFI Setup Utility comes on immediately when you try to boot from the SSD (I called it an HDD, I wouldn't imagine that it makes a difference). If I exit and try to force it to boot of my SSD it just loops back. If I plug in the USB with Clover, no problem. I don't even need to hit f11.

Is this a settings issue?
In the setup utility are you selecting the UEFI version of your SSD or the Px version (may be P0, P1,2,3,4, etc depending on SATA port number you have the SSD connected to).

Booting with Clover, assuming you installed UEFI, you need to select the UEFI version in the boot list.

For asrock bios, you have to register the bootloader manually for the motherboard to recognize it.

Selecting a harddrive or SSD won't work.

Enter clover using your usb stick, and boot the UEFI partition for your OSX, and screen will flash for a sec and you're now in the clover environment from your hard drive. Now there's should be an extra option if you press the right arrow key all the way to those clover settings. There should be one saying install clover or setup clover, or something like that. Select it, run it, and reboot to go back into UEFI settings, now the clover uefi bootloader should appear in the boot priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back