Radon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get Clover to change the resolution to something that correlates to my display. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 24" display, with 1920x1200 max resolution. I believe it is defaulting to 800x600 or something near that, as the icons are huge. I've attempted putting the screen resolution in using Clover Configurator, but it never changes.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,291
dont do anything in the configplist. its in your bios you need to change from other OS to Win8 WHQL in the bios. let me know. that works for me

Nope, unfortunately, that didn't work. The icons are still giant.

so in your bios you got 3 options right? there's other OS, windows 8 and finally windows 8 whql. Is that correct? thats the way it is on mine. and only when i switch to windows 8 whql does the resolution changes to 1920x1080 otherwise it would be 800x600 just like yours. can you try the second option? windows 8?

so in your bios you got 3 options right? there's other OS, windows 8 and finally windows 8 whql. Is that correct? thats the way it is on mine. and only when i switch to windows 8 whql does the resolution changes to 1920x1080 otherwise it would be 800x600 just like yours. can you try the second option? windows 8?

Same result. It's a minor detail, but annoying none-the-less, just like the black apple background load screen.

The only way to really get it right is to flash the Video card with a GOP/UEFI bios (get from manufacturer) and disable CMS in the bios. You could also try adding CmsVideoDxe-64 to Drivers64UEFI but with this caveat:

"64bit video driver for Clover GUI allowing to choose more resolutions. It is based on CSM module in UEFI BIOS and requires CSM to be enabled. Note: On some hardware, this may cause Clover to fail to start. It may also be a contributing factor of a kernel panic when waking from sleep. Use with precaution."

The only way to really get it right is to flash the Video card with a GOP/UEFI bios (get from manufacturer) and disable CMS in the bios. You could also try adding CmsVideoDxe-64 to Drivers64UEFI but with this caveat:

"64bit video driver for Clover GUI allowing to choose more resolutions. It is based on CSM module in UEFI BIOS and requires CSM to be enabled. Note: On some hardware, this may cause Clover to fail to start. It may also be a contributing factor of a kernel panic when waking from sleep. Use with precaution."

I was reading a bit about inject the EDID for my monitor into the Clover Config, but when I tried it, it wasn't making any difference. I could have been doing it wrong too, but I think I got it right. I turned off CSM, changed it to Windows 8 WHQL. Nothing is changing. I suppose I could try the CmsVideoDxe-64 and see how stable it is. I could always remove it if I have issues.

Thanks for the insight

old thread I know.

I stumble across it and though I'd put some info here.

Seem to have solved it.

windows 8 whql
disable csm
no clover driver CmsVideoDxe-64
did apply nvram in clover configurtaor (unsure if this is important or not)
Typed in my res in clover configurator 1920x1200
no load vbios or edid in clover configurator
Started working once I did "disable fullscreen logo show" in the bios.

Brilliant! This worked like a charm for much higher resolutions in the bootloader screen. It looks much nicer, but I just bought a 3440x1440 widescreen and the bootloader screen doesn't fill all the way across across. But it does go to the native resolution when the OS loads.

Anyway, maybe this helps someone else. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back