CPU
i7-7800K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It basically looks like in the picture attatched, only maybe with a newer version of clover (this is a photoshop montage to show my problem)

I got the newest version of clover.

I am running sierra 10.12.6 and at the moment I do not see any drives when I simply let my computer boot up with my usual HD as in boot priority position 1, as the first drive.

However, if i imediatly enter my ASUS Maximus IX Hero BIOS, and select my primary drive there by just clicking on it in the BIOS, Clover boots fine.

This has only occurred a week ago, so before it was working fine. It might be a problem with clover

So: If i let my hackintosh boot by itself, clover doesn't show my drives.
But when I select the same drive in the BIOS from a list and just click it, it works.

Might be a gui problem?

Any help appreciated, as this really smudges my very positive hackintosh experiences

Thanks
ilots

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.01.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.01.51.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 239
Clean the extra UEFI boot entries from the board BIOS/UEFI and make sure the Mac OS drive is set first in boot device order.

Clean the extra UEFI boot entries from the board BIOS/UEFI and make sure the Mac OS drive is set first in boot device order.

I Removed the other drives in my ASUS Maximus hero IX Bios boot order menu and

it still remains.

(After each reboot another drive also reappears, though removed, which is my backup drive, Systgem SSD remains 1st in the boot device order)

My Samsung SSD with Sierra is and remains in 1st place in the boot device order

I thought maybe there is Something wrong with my EFI folder(s)?

Compared is size the EFI folders vary, even though I am making a copy with Carbon Copy Cloner.

Last edited:
[here i thought i solved it, still unsolved]

How?

I had a second SSD, which I formatted with disk utility. A secondary SSD, freshly formatted by disk utility was the problem

I now installed Windows 10 (the process was a drag...) and after i used Win 10 console with diskpart to format the drive to GPT and suddenly that strange behavior was gone

->so it was probably something about how the harddrives were connected internally and some FAT32 disk utility stuff!

Thanks for your help,
ilots

PS: don't mess with your EFI folders just because of suspections :lol::p:cool:

Last edited:
the problem persists :(

Next thing I will try is put the MacOS drive (500GB Samsung) into disk0 position in my tower itself.

Currently: Samsung SSD with 500GB ans MacOs is
BSD device node : disk3

OCZ Vertex with 250GB WIN10 is
BSD device node : disk0

Will change this and see it failed boot into clover persists.

Keyboard problem entering BIOS:

Also: When I connect my Apple Keyboard to the back of my tower using a prolongment i am not able to enter the BIOS on computer start pressing the "F2" key. (boots Win 10 always)

I have to connect the Apple keyboard directly to another front port to enter the bios via F2 or Delete Key ?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back