Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming ACX 3.0
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased and built an entirely new PC based almost entirely off of the buyer's guide here (both because I really needed a new desktop, but also I wanted to try to successfully Hackintosh again). Of course, now that I bought all the pieces just a month ago, the list seems to have been updated to account for the new Intel processors, etc. Either way, my specs are in my profile.

I installed OS X High Sierra on a USB drive successfully with Unibeast, however, when I try to boot from the USB drive when I reach the Clover installation screen, the external USB drive doesn't appear (see pic).

I tried creating the bootable USB both with and without Nvidia injected because I wasn't sure whether my GPU would be supported, but both don't get any results. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4165.JPG
    IMG_4165.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
your clover bootloader is not up to date

Update Unibeast to version 8.3 or Clover bootloader to r4420+

UniBeast 8.3 Update
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-3-update.249393/
Thanks for this! I now can make it to the apple boot menu, but for some reason rather than being able to install Mac OS X High Sierra I'm only able to "Reinstall MacOS" instead of "Install MacOS". I still have the disk utility, restore from time machine, and get help online options as well.

When I attempt the "Reinstall MacOs", I get an error saying:
"The Recovery Server Could Not Be Contacted"

I haven't previously tried to install any Mac OS before, so I'm not sure why I get the option to reinstall rather than install like I should be able to.

I attempted to follow some of this thread's advice, which also didn't work (specifically - the terminal command. My network adapter is a TP-Link T9E, which didn't have Mac OS drivers available for download from their website).

Attachments

• IMG_4732.JPG
    IMG_4732.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5771.JPG
    IMG_5771.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_8339.JPG
    IMG_8339.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I am having the same "the recovery server could not be contacted" issue with a 8.3 generated installer. I note that the screen would previously display "Install macOS" instead of "Reinstall macOS" as it does now.

I think the problem is due to lack of network connectivity

Someone posted yesterday that in their case it was caused by booting from the wrong disk in Clover - YMMV.

I think the problem is due to lack of network connectivity
I thought that too. I tried to include the kexts for my wireless drivers in the files, but it didn't work either. I'm now trying to do a system restore via a Time Machine Backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back