Contribute
Register

Clover bootloader major (I think) problem - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Right so I'll run through the story quickly - I upgraded my Mountain Lion Hackintosh to Mavericks the other day and watched Bob Roche's video on how to fix iMessage. He said in there that you should try the Clover bootloader. I did install the bootloader and restarted my computer but on selecting my Macintosh SSD to boot into, I got the error: This version of Mac OS X is not supported. Reason: Z77 DS3h (my motherboard). So I have a poke around on the internet and after looking for ages found that I could press 1 at the first stages of boot and it would revert to the Chameleon bootloader which worked fantastically - I could now access my Hackintosh. However, I had to restart my Hackintosh again for some reason and when I did so, I was faced with the same Clover bootloader issue. I tried pressing 1 at startup again but it sent me to some strange i5 3570k OEM page (I will attach a picture). There is no way I can enter my BIOS or enter my computer by reverting to Chameleon (as far as I know - I dont know much about the technical side of things). I have run into one other person with a problem like this and I really hope you guys can help! Thanks!

I have a:
Gigabyte Z-77 DS3H
Intel i5 3570k
128GB SSD
OS X Mavericks

20131031_074630.jpg20131031_074607.jpg

Right so I'll run through the story quickly - I upgraded my Mountain Lion Hackintosh to Mavericks the other day and watched Bob Roche's video on how to fix iMessage. He said in there that you should try the Clover bootloader. I did install the bootloader and restarted my computer but on selecting my Macintosh SSD to boot into, I got the error: This version of Mac OS X is not supported. Reason: Z77 DS3h (my motherboard). So I have a poke around on the internet and after looking for ages found that I could press 1 at the first stages of boot and it would revert to the Chameleon bootloader which worked fantastically - I could now access my Hackintosh. However, I had to restart my Hackintosh again for some reason and when I did so, I was faced with the same Clover bootloader issue. I tried pressing 1 at startup again but it sent me to some strange i5 3570k OEM page (I will attach a picture). There is no way I can enter my BIOS or enter my computer by reverting to Chameleon (as far as I know - I dont know much about the technical side of things). I have run into one other person with a problem like this and I really hope you guys can help! Thanks!

I have a:
Gigabyte Z-77 DS3H
Intel i5 3570k
128GB SSD
OS X Mavericks

View attachment 71937View attachment 71938

The FileNVRAM.dylib fixed worked perfectly for me (Audio is there, FaceTime AND iMessage works flawlessly)

What you need to do:

1. Get Chameleon instead of Clover.
2. Use the Chameleon Wizard to apply a new SMBIOS to your PC (I use iMac13,1 for audio reasons, and just the closeness of the hardware.
3. Download the FileNVRAM.dylib from this site. (It's gonna be all over any thread related to iMessage) and put it in Extras/modules
4. Make sure it's all applied, and repair your disk permissions just in case.
5. Reboot and apply what flags you normally would have to use.
6. Enjoy your system!

EDIT: You should actually burn a CD or make a USB Bootable copy of iBoot and boot into your OS that way. So we can get past Clover.

you suggested making a bootable USB or CD to put iBoot on - how can I do that? Where would I find iboot? and what do I do once it is on CD?

Thanks!

you suggested making a bootable USB or CD to put iBoot on - how can I do that? Where would I find iboot? and what do I do once it is on CD?

Thanks!

iBoot is in the downloads section. Just add the files to your flash drive or burn a bootable CD. Then you can bypass the Clover bootloader, and then swap to chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back