Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H97N-Wifi
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel
Title says it all really, the bios is properly upgraded and can see the SSD drive OK, but clover is not showing the (2) installations of Mojave on that SSD - which I need it to do in order to boot from either. Any thoughts as to what (as a nincompoop) I can do to oblige clover to boot from Mojave on the SSD drive?

Edited on 31/12/2020

The BIOS sees the NVME drive, MacOS sees the drive and can read/write to it very nicely, I just can't boot from it, which is the one thing I DO want to do. Anyone have a suggestion as to what I need to do? All help gratefully received.

Last edited:
This is a sort of a bump to the original post in this thread, which has not received any reply -probably my fault. I thought I would take the opportunity to list what I'd done and what I've tried because none of it has worked and MacOS Mojave, while it clearly sees the NVMe Drive, steadfastly refuses to boot from it. Okay so here's what I've done:

- I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my Mojave installation. No problem.
- I properly installed the boot program to the EFI drive partition.
- I have verified that Mojave, and my USB boot drive can both see the installation of Mojave on the NVMe Drive. They just steadfastly refused to boot from it. Clover appears not to like the idea of booting to the Mojave installation.
- I have upgraded my Clover installation, ensuring that the NVMe .efi file, is correctly installed. - When this did not work either, I copied the EFI partition from my USB booter into the EFI partition on the NVMe Drive and tried to boot directly from the NVME drive rather than indirectly from my USB booster. I did experiment briefly with a non-current version of Clover, and this did indeed boot to Mojave, but some of the other USB drives were not recognised, and the network was unbearably slow. Attempting to resolve these two problems using kexts patches did not work.
Since then I have been unable to boot again to the NVMe Drive.
- I've read everything that I can on this site including most of the posts that say how easy it is: I have done what the authors of these posts says is a foolproof method to render the NVMe Drive installation of Mojave operational - all to no avail.

Is there anybody out there who can suggest what might be the solution, before I give up and just use the NVMe Drive as an archive? albeit a very fast archive.

All fixed. A couple of BIOS tweaks and a howsillyofme Clover tweak and it all works as hoped. Very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back