Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

RehabMan, I took your advice and reinstalled everything with clover. My problem is after I did the hp probook installer and restarted it, the boot loader pops up perfectly and lets me select. Then when it is loading, like a quarter of the way through the screen distorts and nothing more happens. If I run it from the flash drive, it works okay. Also how do I get the wifi working? I read the guide and it say to install toledo kext and you told me not to do that and leave the IO80211Family kext. Do you think maybe its has something to do with boot flags? I attached some pictures.

Also the Macbook pro 3,1(previously from unibeast) is changed to MacBook Pro 8,1, like you said.
IMG_6571.jpgIMG_6573.jpgIMG_6574.JPGIMG_6576.jpg

Hello,

RehabMan, I took your advice and reinstalled everything with clover. My problem is after I did the hp probook installer and restarted it, the boot loader pops up perfectly and lets me select. Then when it is loading, like a quarter of the way through the screen distorts and nothing more happens.

Read the RED text at post #1 of the guide.

Also how do I get the wifi working? I read the guide and it say to install toledo kext and you told me not to do that and leave the IO80211Family kext.

If you follow the guide, your WiFi should work. The ProBook installer does not use toledaARPT.kext. Post #1 of the guide lists compatible WiFi cards.

I think I clicked on Hd resolution, and not low resolution. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Will let you know, cause right now I do not have sound either. Will look at the sound problem after the distorted color screen.

OMG Yes that was the issue, I selected low resolution and it fixed it!! And now everything works including battery bar, wifi, and audio!!!! You rock!! If you are ever in the austin area, beer is on me!! :D:D

I think I clicked on Hd resolution, and not low resolution. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Will let you know, cause right now I do not have sound either. Will look at the sound problem after the distorted color screen.

Regarding audio, read the guide (step #14).

OMG Yes that was the issue, I selected low resolution and it fixed it!! And now everything works including battery bar, wifi, and audio!!!! You rock!! If you are ever in the austin area, beer is on me!! :D:D

I remember answering this in the guide already. If you can't boot, you selected wrong settings.

Yea, I could boot but the screen was distorted....I honestly thought I had a hd resolution....lmao!! Well thank you nguyenmac for all your hard work especially on the well written guide!! The beer also applies to you if you are ever in the austin region!!

One more quick question on dual booting. If I have the dvd for windows 7 64bit, must I still create a usb for that? Or could I just install it, because I have already created a windows partition. I know the guide says to right click on the dvd and move the contents to the flash drive. Just wondering.

One more quick question on dual booting. If I have the dvd for windows 7 64bit, must I still create a usb for that? Or could I just install it, because I have already created a windows partition. I know the guide says to right click on the dvd and move the contents to the flash drive. Just wondering.

To install Win7 UEFI, you may have to juggle some files around. The UEFI boot files (bootx64.efi or bootmgfw.efi/etc) are buried somewhere not compliant with the UEFI spec. I don't remember the details as I did it a long time ago. Moving the files will require using a USB. You can google it. You may be able to boot the file directly since the HP BIOS has a file browser... but before trying, you should find the file so you know how to browse to it using the BIOS.

Win8/Win8.1 are different because the files are already in the right (UEFI standard) location.

Then maybe I should just update and download windows 8 beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back