Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
xpamamadeus:
I was thinking of making a more up to date guide for clover and the z77x-ud5h for these forums, your guide on insanelymac contains the most information I've seen, would you mind if I use it as a source? I'd like to have a guide on this site with the steps in order from start to finish with all the latest files and utilities for people as I think clover should be used exclusively for our boards as it provides the best experience and avoids issues that other methods create. Any way, please let me know if you mind that I use your work, if you do I'll start from scratch. This thread has become a trove of information that can be hard to sort through.

xpamamadeus:
I was thinking of making a more up to date guide for clover and the z77x-ud5h for these forums, your guide on insanelymac contains the most information I've seen, would you mind if I use it as a source? I'd like to have a guide on this site with the steps in order from start to finish with all the latest files and utilities for people as I think clover should be used exclusively for our boards as it provides the best experience and avoids issues that other methods create. Any way, please let me know if you mind that I use your work, if you do I'll start from scratch. This thread has become a trove of information that can be hard to sort through.
Ofcourse u can use it.

I think clover should be used exclusively for our boards as it provides the best experience and avoids issues that other methods create...
Interesting post, are you suggesting that all users with a Z77X-UD5H should only use Clover, or are you saying that other boards don't work as well with Clover? Just curious... Of course the more "accurate" guides available the better.

katiepea: I'd love to see your version of a Clover guide. I've looked at the osx86 board and it's very disjointed. I've had my wifi hardware go missing since my upgrade to 10.8.4 and had a recommendation to switch to clover and see if that helped. It hasn't yet, but I'm still learning.

Good luck on the guide.

I can't get HD 4000 working properly over HDMI.

The HD 4000 is working OK on DVI (Full QE/CI) but the problem is over HDMI, there is no way I can get QE/CI working (Flickering, black screen every few seconds, and OS X detecting it like TV), it works only if QE/CI is deactivated.

Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev 1.1)
Bios F14
i7 3770K
Display Dell S2440L (It has only two connectors, D-SUB and HDMI)
Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Clover v2 r2061

This is the config.plist I'm using (No DSDT)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 -v slide=0</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>Log</key>
<false/>
<key>Fast</key>
<false/>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enabled 3rd-Party TRIM Support: Needed for Non-Apple solid state drives.</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<false/>
<key>AddClockID</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<false/>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>smartUPS</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<true/>
<key>PStates</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>TextOnly</key>
<false/>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>black_green</string>
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>7</integer>
<key>Mirror</key>
<false/>
<key>DoubleClick</key>
<integer>500</integer>
</dict>
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>
<key>Tool</key>
<true/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>Last</string>
</dict>
<key>Custom</key>
<dict>
<key>NoCaches</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Some help, please ?

Hey guys!

Im also using Clover 10.8.4 with HD4000 with no good results.
Previously i used Unibeast install of the ML10.8.2, graphics was great and almost everything was smooth except my system randomly freezed out. Now the freezing has gone, but my gaphics doesnt perform well.

Any ideas?

xpamamadeus:
I was thinking of making a more up to date guide for clover and the z77x-ud5h for these forums

katiepea, is it possible to read your guide already?
Or may be you can share you /EFI folder as an example?
What bios version and clover do you use now?

I use a GTX650 ASUS (UEFI BIOS) and Z77X-UD5H (F15q).

Everything seem to work (Sleep/Wake, iMessage, etc.), only the BOOT Screen Resolution does not change from 1024x768 to 1920x1200 (1920x1080).

The same when I boot with UEFI only, because I can't find any option to disable CSM at all.

How can I use the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi with the refit.conf file? Where should I place the refit.conf file and do I need the refit.efi too?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back