Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no primary and secondary bioses.
They are just same and it does not matter on wich one u flash.
Both marvel SATA roms are in this bios.
(9192 Chip Version ) can be updated to Marvell SATA3 ROM 1.0.1.0025
But for (9123 Chip Version) there are no updating needed since it have SATA3 ROM 1.0.0.1033 already in bios.
This bios its modded by STASIO soo u dont need to be scared about using it.
STASIO do this job for very long time.
Good luck!!

--------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte is famous for it's DUAL BIOS, which are TWO separate hardwired BIOS chips completely independent of each other.

There is a hardwired BIOS flip switch on the motherboard to alternate between them.

This is especially helpful when using BETA bios for testing purposes, as is being done in this thread.

I have tried both of the BETAs Gigabyte is offering, and found neither to be friendly with OS x.

Ritey ..

GIGABYTE 3D BIOS (Dual UEFI)

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4440#bios

[video=youtube;R231mU1SwOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R231mU1SwOQ[/video]

--------------------------------------------------

I have tried both of the BETAs Gigabyte is offering, and found neither to be friendly with OS x.

Ritey ..
how u mean that they are not friendly with OSX?
Are u talking about full UEFI setup with CSM disabled,or legacy bios booting?

I am curious, what do you guys really gain by replacing those modules in your ROMs? i get UEFI GFX on my HD4000 natively when I disable CSM and haven't flashed anything.
This its not working for all OOB,some users get it by updating.
There seems to be many versions of intel gop roms.

how u mean that they are not friendly with OSX?
Are u talking about full UEFI setup with CSM disabled,or legacy bios booting?

------------------------------------------------

CSM is 'Corporate Stable Model,' or at least I think it is. CSM enables legacy (non-UEFI) device support, if I recall correctly.

I have tried to load Clover twice on the UD5H using the Gigabyte beta BIOS. Neither worked. I loaded these on the secondary bios (yes, there are TWO BIOS roms on the UD5h), and at one point had to completely reflash the BIOS to F14 to get it stable again. This was using the UEFI boot settings. Another time I could not remove the Clover boot option (even after re-installing OS x) without having to first remove it (Clover boot) from the BIOS by erasing it (the BIOS) completely.

Where exactly in the BIOS are you finding a 'CSM' setting please.

Thanks,

Ritey ..

Just remember that OSX dosn't fully utilize GOP gfx yet so doing all this is really not doing anything, you don't gain anything with everything running as UEFI specially when macs are Apple EFI not UEFI..

CSM is 'Corporate Stable Model,' or at least I think it is. CSM enables legacy (non-UEFI) device support, if I recall correctly.

I have tried to load Clover twice on the UD5H using the Gigabyte beta BIOS. Neither worked. I loaded these on the secondary bios (yes, there are TWO BIOS roms on the UD5h), and at one point had to completely reflash the BIOS to F14 to get it stable again. This was using the UEFI boot settings. Another time I could not remove the Clover boot option (even after re-installing OS x) without having to first remove it (Clover boot) from the BIOS by erasing it (the BIOS) completely.

Where exactly in the BIOS are you finding a 'CSM' setting please.

Thanks,

Ritey ..

Wrong!
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the firmware that emulates a BIOS environment; allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.

About beta bios if try to use FAST BOOT options that are bugged then u have behavior like u mentioned.
Its all well know in this thread.
There its no other fix for this behavior than reflashing bios again (i allready mention this(FAST BOOT bug) in this thread,and in my guide) u didnt read!!
:silent:

look at this picture
dWiMvO8.jpg

u have this option only if u select windows 8 or windows 8 whql.
But i allready post this on page 10 of this thread.
Good luck.

Just remember that OSX dosn't fully utilize GOP gfx yet so doing all this is really not doing anything, you don't gain anything with everything running as UEFI specially when macs are Apple EFI not UEFI..
Again wrong :think:
We are talking about Clover here not OSX.
Clover use UEFI GOP gfx and we gain staff like max resolution in bios then max supported resolution in Clover GUI,perfectly working sleep(http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2565) etc.
And we get much faster boot times if we boot with full UEFI without CSM.
Plz watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J2ZgC5w5kqM
U cannot set uefi options to disable CSM,and use bast boot if u dont have UEFI GOP compatible vga,soo there its not possible to achieve things like booting that fast without it.
I cannot agree that we dont achieve anything with booting UEFI.

I'm thinking it's irrelevant if OSX supports GOP or not. Chimera, Chameleon, Clover UEFI, or Clover legacy are all just boot loaders. If they do their job properly none of them have any impact on OSX once it's loaded. Clover attempts to capitalize on the new UEFI bios to better identify hardware configuration and reduce user intervention. The generated config.plist provides the user Clover's detection and a vehicle to modify, extend, patch, and/or correct any variables in the process. There's a good argument to made that the config.plist is not easily understood by new users and can cause confusion, this is factual. Clover is in it's infancy and the developers are Super Stars in my opinion; it will mature in time.

If you are a new/relatively new user that wants to install and run OSX and don't really care what makes all of this work, then Chameleon/Chimera is for you. There are years of hard work by a lot of people that made this possible, no reason to ignore or not capitalize on what they have been so willing (thankfully) to share. Three cheers to all...

If you believe you have advanced past "new/relatively user" and want a better understanding of what's happening in the background, or you just want to play, Clover is a great vehicle to do so.

EDIT: Personal message: The hackintosh community is where it is today as a result of 100's of people sharing 1000's of hours of work. If you are on any site that provides the info you're looking for or resolves a current issue you have, hit the Damn "Donate Link". This insures they'll probably be there next time you need some help...

1920x1080, Clover r1597 (I update it daily), and I am on an ASUS P8H77-I with UEFI v1001.
Asus P8H77-I Deluxe/UEFI 0902/Clover 1597/HD4000
CSM disabled/CsmVideoDxe-64.efi installed, working
1. HD4000/DP/1440P/refit.conf=2560x1440: multiple desktops across top 1/3 of display, hot plug results in black screen
2. HD4000/HDMI/1080p/refit.conf=19200x1080: 16 desktops across top 1/3 of display, hot plug gets 1080P Desktop, DP hot plug gets 1440p Desktop.

preboot.log
Code:
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3510792680
0:100  0:000  
0:100  0:000  Starting rEFIt rev 1597 on American Megatrends EFI

0:158  0:000  Video driver loaded: disconnect Successdisconnect Success

1:263  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1024x768 - already set
Display does not support 768p resolution

Next steps:
1. Enable CSM/Remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
2. Update Clover
3. Update BIOS/Intel VGA

Suggestions?

I'm thinking it's irrelevant if OSX supports GOP or not. Chimera, Chameleon, Clover UEFI, or Clover legacy are all just boot loaders. If they do there job properly none of them have any impact on OSX once it's loaded. Clover attempts to capitalize on the new UEFI bios to better identify hardware configuration and reduce user intervention. The generated config.plist provides to the user Clover's detection and a vehicle to modify, extend, patch, correct, any variable in the process. There's a good argument to made that the config.plist is not easily understood by new users and can cause confusion, this is factual. Clover is in it's infancy and the developers are Super Stars in my opinion; it will mature in time.

EDIT: Personal message: The hackintosh community is where it is today as a result of 100's of people sharing 1000's of hours of work. If you are on any site that provides the info you're looking for or resolves a current issue you have, hit the Damn "Donate Link". That insures they'll be there next time you need help...

Excellent and true!

Ritey ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back