Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
I5-4690
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello everyone,

Since I upgraded my GPU (before I used IGPU) to sapphire PULSE RADEON RX VEGA 56 (UEFI) (11276-02-40G), I experienced some troubles to boot properly.
Sometimes Mojave boots fast and sometises it is very slow. I can feel just by seeing the time to arrive to the Gigabyte logo, it can be fast or slow.
Mojave is installed on a SSD and i have 2 other drives, 1 HDD and 1 SSD for datas.

I enclosed my EFI folder to improve and get your help for a stable boot.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.9 MB · Views: 80
Hm, I have a similar build, with the same video card. Mojave just boots slower than Catalina.
However. I tried to update Clover to latest, which was 5101, and it would just lag and lag and lag. Like super slow input, video loading, ssd loading, ect.
With that said. I found a good, newer build, 5099. If you update clover to 5099 it might help.
My boot time is insanely fast. I remember being on the 4000s on clover and it taking time to boot.
just in case. I will share my EFI so you can see the stuff I had to do to set up for Catalina.

A note here, the more drivers or kexts you have to load, it will slow down your boot time. Should shoot for as minimal as possible.

Another note, you might want to see if you can give iMac 15,1 a shot. It seems closer to your build.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 103
Hi therinwhitten,

Thank you for your help, I used your EFI for a while. It worked well.
Lately I updated it and change some kexts, it is more stable.
Enclosed my last EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back