Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got a strange one for you...

Got my Hack running beautifully, thanks to this forum! Hoping one of you can point me in the right direction once again.

Like many of us, I have a "new gadget" addiction - which led me to buy an HTC Vive for VR. Love it, and everything runs perfectly under OSX or Win10 on my EVGA GTX 970 FTW. (waiting on webdriver support before I pull the trigger on the 1080)

My setup includes a Clover boot selection screen with OSX and Win10 - by default loads OSX after 5 seconds. IGFX (4790K) are disabled, everything runs through my 970 - a 4K display (Crossover 404K - highly recommended, btw) via DP and the Vive via HDMI.

Everything coexists peacefully except one annoyance - my Clover boot screen ALWAYS goes into the Vive (HDMI), not my Monitor (DP). Anytime I want to use Windows and my Vive, I have to unplug the Vive until the boot screen comes up, or boot with the Vive on my face.

I'm not a fan of constantly plug / unplugging such an expensive device. Any ideas on how to get Clover to use DP by default?

I guess your BIOS splash screen appears on the Vive, too? I don't think this can be configured in Clover, since that early graphics initalization is performed by the BIOS/UEFI...

Crap. Just tested this, and my boot screen does come up on the Vive (if I'm quick enough to hit F2 before Clover loads). So much for an easy fix!

My build is based on a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5. The only selection I have is to use IGFX or PCIe - nothing more specific, so I'm assuming at this point that it's probably a setting in the GTX 970's BIOS that determines port use order. Probably means only something like a custom BIOS for that card would work.

Thanks for replying, Fl0r!an. I'm only expecting my build to do everything perfectly all the time - perfectly normal, right? :)

Crap. Just tested this, and my boot screen does come up on the Vive (if I'm quick enough to hit F2 before Clover loads). So much for an easy fix!

My build is based on a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5. The only selection I have is to use IGFX or PCIe - nothing more specific, so I'm assuming at this point that it's probably a setting in the GTX 970's BIOS that determines port use order. Probably means only something like a custom BIOS for that card would work.

Thanks for replying, Fl0r!an. I'm only expecting my build to do everything perfectly all the time - perfectly normal, right? :)

Got the same problem here... Did you find any way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back