Contribute
Register

Clover boot resolution - Why on the usb installer it is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I'm trying to fix this little issue at boot: when I am at the clover screen, I got low resolution, but if I try to boot from my unibeast usb pen, I can get a full 1920x1080 resolution!
I'm on a 10.11.3 with clover v2.3k on a h61n-usb3 + i7 3770k (hd 4000)

What does your config.plist file that is on the HDD/SSD look like compared to the one on the USB drive?

Hi!
I'm trying to fix this little issue at boot: when I am at the clover screen, I got low resolution, but if I try to boot from my unibeast usb pen, I can get a full 1920x1080 resolution!
I'm on a 10.11.3 with clover v2.3k on a h61n-usb3 + i7 3770k (hd 4000)

Hi

have you still the same issue ? I have the same board and same issue currently with Clover v5100 and I think I found the issue.

When I boot from HDD or SSD, I also have low res 1024x768. If you check About, at the bottom of the page I guess you have :
EFI Revision 2.10,
Platform : x86_64 (64 bits)
Firmware TianoCore.org rev 4096.1
Screen Output : Graphics Output (UEFI), 1024x768

When checking About when booting from your USB, I guess you have :
EFI Revision 2.70
Platform : x86_64 (64 bits)
Firmware CLOVER rev 1.5100
Screen Output : Graphics Output (UEFI), 1920x1080

When booting from SSD/HDD, if you select Exit at bottom right, does it reload in high res as from the USB ?

Reading the following page https://www.rodsbooks.com/gb-hybrid-efi/, I think our issue is due to Hybrid EFI BIOS on various Gigabyte board and for example on the H61N-USB3.

Apparently, even if you install Clover in BIOS mode, right after launching the boot0af of the MBR record, the BIOS then recognize the EFI partition and then try to launch it in UEFI mode when loading files from the EFI partition and using the EFI 2.1 from the Hybrid BIOS. This is why, when I select exit, it continues the chain of boot and then launch the boot6 from the EFI partition that gives EFI 2.7 and high res.

As a workaround, I m currently testing the following : I change the type of the EFI partition from EF00 (EFI) to 0700 (Microsoft basic data). Doing so, the Hybrid BIOS do not recognize anymore the EFI partition and let the boot chain direct up to boot6 and I have directly the EFI 2.7 in high res.

I am still testing but so far it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back