1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! For a couple of days I'm unable to boot mac os on my dual boot system (with windows 10 everything works good). i did some research and I decided to reinstall El Capitan. When I boot directly thru clover it hangs at the black screen before apple logo. In verbose mode it shows plus signs and waits there. If I use the usb installer I can go thru clover and I'm able to boot the system. I installed lilu kext and intelgraphicsfixup kext but still the same. I deleted the clover config plist and redid the process and it's still the same. i don't know if it's important to say but i'm unable to find the right nvidia web drivers and clover keep adding new entries in the bios at every boot. I spent days working on this and I'm about to give up so I'm asking you guys for some help!!

Thanks for the answer. After the cleanup in my bios is done, would that correct the boot problem? Because right now the bigger problem is the fact that I cannot get clover to boot from the hard drive, it has to go thru the usb installer first, and I think that it's at that time the new boot entry gets created.

Okay, I decided to spend some more hours on this. I deleted all the wrong entries in clover. I finally found a way to boot from the mac os hard drive but if I upgrade to the latest clover, I go back to the original problem with was I cannot get to the apple logo when booting directly from the hard drive. Only problem now is to enable the graphics web drivers and I've posted this in the graphics section.

With the help of people in the graphics section I learned there is no pascal support for El Capitan so I re installed everything with High Sierra and latest clover version works like a charm. Graphics are enabled and I can now boot Mac OS and windows after I created the Microsoft folder in the Efi folder from Clover. Thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back