Contribute
Register

"Clover Boot Options" from hard drive missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this exact same problem, installed Sierra 10.12.2 with Unibeast 7.01 USB without problems, everything running fine when booting into the SSD over the USB Bootloader, but when removing USB stick i only get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

I also only have one Clover Boot Options, only for the USB.

what am i missing ?

i have this exact same problem, installed Sierra 10.12.2 with Unibeast 7.01 USB without problems, everything running fine when booting into the SSD over the USB Bootloader, but when removing USB stick i only get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

I also only have one Clover Boot Options, only for the USB.

what am i missing ?

Are you booting in UEFI or Legacy? Probably Legacy unless your motherboard has a BIOS update for UEFI.

I think the problem is more with Clover than Unibeast. I had the same problem after installing Sierra. Clover did not have a boot options menu for the HDD after installing Clover to my HDD. I simply booted using a USB drive that contains an older version of Clover (my previous El Capitan USB installation) and it then gave a boot options menu for the HDD. After using the older version of Clover to add the EFI boot entry I could boot from my HDD's latest Clover version.

@stussyct to be clear you Created the install USB with unibeast7 and Sierra. Installed. Then on reboot had no "Boot from HDD" option? That's where I'am. I'm in a second install of Sierra as I type. I'm gonna go ahead and let that finish since it started.
So to rectify I need to remove the UniBeast USB after install completes and take it back to my seriously old MacBook Pro and delete the MultiBeast and replace with an older version of Clover? Or Do I take the USB out and create a new install of Sierra using an older Clover?

Thanx for any help

@stussyct to be clear you Created the install USB with unibeast7 and Sierra. Installed. Then on reboot had no "Boot from HDD" option? That's where I'am. I'm in a second install of Sierra as I type. I'm gonna go ahead and let that finish since it started.
So to rectify I need to remove the UniBeast USB after install completes and take it back to my seriously old MacBook Pro and delete the MultiBeast and replace with an older version of Clover? Or Do I take the USB out and create a new install of Sierra using an older Clover?

Thanx for any help
  • It is is NOT a good idea to post as a followup by tagging along to old "dead" threads and hoping those folks will answer your queries to help you.
  • An old well documented posting that ended in success can be used as a framework to follow as a source of information by reading that, provided you have the same hardware or hardware closer to that for that Hackintosh version the posting is made.
  • The best option for you is to start your own thread:
    • listing your main hardware like the MoBo+CPU+Graphics make and model,
    • the macOSSierra version you are trying to install,
    • the method you used to create your installer including its size and speed [Example: Lexar USB 2.0 8GB Flash drive]
    • the BIOS setup options you have chosen for this installation.
    • the type of cable you have connected the computer to the Monitor.
    • the Display you are seeing on your Monitor that makes you suspect there is a problem and
    • the photo of that Monitor Display screen uploaded to the Forum using the "[Upload a File]" button below this message box.
  • Please make sure to edit your profile to include the MoBo+CPU+Graphics by clicking the "human icon " toward the Right end of Top Menu bar of this page>Personal details > Filling the boxes : MoBo/CPU/Graphics.
    • Edited profile with the hardware SPECS will be available through out the troubleshoot for those reading your post to help you without having to scroll back to your initial post.
    • It will also help readers searching for help finding your post with all the details.

• It is is NOT a good idea to post as a followup by tagging along to old "dead" threads and hoping those folks will answer your queries to help you.
  • An old well documented posting that ended in success can be used as a framework to follow as a source of information by reading that, provided you have the same hardware or hardware closer to that for that Hackintosh version the posting is made.
  • The best option for you is to start your own thread:
    • listing your main hardware like the MoBo+CPU+Graphics make and model,
    • the macOSSierra version you are trying to install,
    • the method you used to create your installer including its size and speed [Example: Lexar USB 2.0 8GB Flash drive]
    • the BIOS setup options you have chosen for this installation.
    • the type of cable you have connected the computer to the Monitor.
    • the Display you are seeing on your Monitor that makes you suspect there is a problem and
    • the photo of that Monitor Display screen uploaded to the Forum using the "[Upload a File]" button below this message box.
  • Please make sure to edit your profile to include the MoBo+CPU+Graphics by clicking the "human icon " toward the Right end of Top Menu bar of this page>Personal details > Filling the boxes : MoBo/CPU/Graphics.
    • Edited profile with the hardware SPECS will be available through out the troubleshoot for those reading your post to help you without having to scroll back to your initial post.
    • It will also help readers searching for help finding your post with all the details.
I get the update specs part, but as for this question it's simply "How to extract the older Clover He Mentions. So the Boot From HDD option shows up. So for brevity I was just asking where I could find that specific file. Just seems really silly to start a whole thread to ask "Where can I get File X"
I know I can get the El Captain install and use the clover package to make another USB, But at the moment I only have one big enough. So I was hoping he or someone else could direct me where to find the exact file he mentions could be located.

@iRoc999, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back