1. Android
Dear all,

My first Hackintosh build specs. are as follow;

Motherboard: Z270M-D3H

Bios Version: F6

Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz

Processor: i5-7400 CPU (3.0ghz)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Drives: M2 Samsung MZVLW256HEHP (Windows 10)

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (OSX)

I am new to Mac's but not to PC's. My aim with the help of this great community is to create a dual boot system running High Sierra and I have used UniBeast 8.0 to get the installation onto a the 500GB SSD. At this point I tried to run MultiBeast but was unable to select a destination drive to install and am assuming this is because I am using High Sierra and not Sierra as supported by the current version. So I have installed clover directly as the boot loader as my first order of business and intend to then work on the various kexts I will need including the graphics drivers. My WIFI card is working so I do at least have internet and the app. store.

At this point I have hit a problem. I can boot into the clover bootloader(latest version) but I only see Windows partitions and not OSX to boot into. I read somewhere about copying the working Plist file from my USB EFI to the HD EFI with Clover Configurator (yes I have the original) and did this but no change.

I want to stress that with Mac things I am a noob so please use small words and be gentle. I would appreciate any help you can give in sorting out the boot stuff and hope I haven't already upset half of you by posting in the wrong spot, asking stupid questions or mentioning dual boot (at least I am using separate physical drives). Currently I can only get the system to boot with my USB installer and then by selecting the High Sierra installed partition. All help gratefully received, I am pretty sure I have done something stupid and simple to fix but may need detailed how to's if I need to find logs.

Cheers
Keith

Hey Bob - Thanks for the info but I have my bios setup per the guides and can load OSX if I choose my USB as the boot device and then select OSX install on my local drive from there. I understand how to choose the boot device from the bios, my issue is that once I select my physical OSX installed HD in bios and clover has loaded, I don't see the logical OSX drive listed. I need to effectively point clover at the drive which is what I am struggling with rather than selecting it in bios bootloader (F12). Thanks again but I am still searching for a way forward.

Did you copy the entire EFI folder to the HD or just the config.plist?

Just the config.plist. I see the Multibeast update online now so will try that next

Cheers

Keith

Dear all,

My first Hackintosh build specs. are as follow;

Motherboard: Z270M-D3H

Bios Version: F6

Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz

Processor: i5-7400 CPU (3.0ghz)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Drives: M2 Samsung MZVLW256HEHP (Windows 10)

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (OSX)

I am new to Mac's but not to PC's. My aim with the help of this great community is to create a dual boot system running High Sierra and I have used UniBeast 8.0 to get the installation onto a the 500GB SSD. At this point I tried to run MultiBeast but was unable to select a destination drive to install and am assuming this is because I am using High Sierra and not Sierra as supported by the current version. So I have installed clover directly as the boot loader as my first order of business and intend to then work on the various kexts I will need including the graphics drivers. My WIFI card is working so I do at least have internet and the app. store.

At this point I have hit a problem. I can boot into the clover bootloader(latest version) but I only see Windows partitions and not OSX to boot into. I read somewhere about copying the working Plist file from my USB EFI to the HD EFI with Clover Configurator (yes I have the original) and did this but no change.

I want to stress that with Mac things I am a noob so please use small words and be gentle. I would appreciate any help you can give in sorting out the boot stuff and hope I haven't already upset half of you by posting in the wrong spot, asking stupid questions or mentioning dual boot (at least I am using separate physical drives). Currently I can only get the system to boot with my USB installer and then by selecting the High Sierra installed partition. All help gratefully received, I am pretty sure I have done something stupid and simple to fix but may need detailed how to's if I need to find logs.

Cheers
Keith
My aim with the help of this great community is to create a dual boot system running High Sierra

Hi knorman,

Please edit your Personal Details
and correctly list your MoBo|CPU|Graphics in the appropriate sections such that they will be displayed under your signature for easy access to readers of your post through out the troubleshoot.

• In dual boot Win10 and High Sierra , the Bootloader for dual booting must be CLOVER and not BootMGR of Win10.
  • Clover EFI Bootloader should be allowed to bring macOS High Sierra and Win 10 Bootable disk to Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen.
    • From CBM , HS will use the rest of CLOVER config.plist instructions to reach its Login screen
    • From CBM , Win10 will follow its own Bmgr for its journey to Windows 10 login screen.
  • To make the above possible, you need to try to prevent Win 10 BMGR from corrupting Clover EFI of macOS System Disk.
    • One way for beginners to Clover Multiboot system creation to prevent Windows from corrupting Clover EFI is to DISCONNECT Windows System Disk from the MoBo while macOS (or OS X ) system is being created. This physical separation assures Clover in MacOS will not be tampered with by Windows Boot loader .
I have used UniBeast 8.0 to get the installation onto a the 500GB SSD.
  • This part needs some expansion for understanding what is going on. Answers to the following will help me understand the details I need to visualize how you got into problem using Tonymac GUIDE.
    • Did you create a High Sierra Installer Flash disk on a 16GB flash drive using UniBeast 8.0 Tool? [latest is UniBeast 8.1.0]
    • Was your High Sierra Unibeast USB installer created in UEFI or Legacy Mode?
    • Did you make the Graphics choice correctly during the early part of creating UniBeast installer disk?
    • Did you have any problem booting that USB Installer Disk to reach Installation Screen?
    • Where you able to see your Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB in Disk Utility Interface of the USB Installer?
    • What type of fileformat you chose to format the SSD? APFS or HFS+J?
  • How did the Hard disk installation of High Sierra on the Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB go?
At this point I tried to run MultiBeast but was unable to select a destination drive to install
  • What problem you had?
  • What version of Multibeast was used? Multibeast 10 and current 10.1 are specific for High Sierra. Did you choose either?
  • How did you get it to the new System desktop?
    • Through the USB installer by copy and paste to the completed disk?
    • New Download from Tonymac Downloads?
  • My best guess is that you have an APFS System Disk and tried to install Bootloader+kexts+System Definition+ Graphics Configuration using an old Multibeast 9.1.0
So I have installed clover directly as the boot loader as my first order of business and intend to then work on the various kexts I will need including the graphics drivers. My WIFI card is working so I do at least have internet and the app. store.

Looks like , after failing to install needed Clover and kexts using Multibeast, you had downloaded latest Clover EFI from Sourceforge.net and installed that on the System disk.

• Looks like you have yet to install some kexts (I'm guessing: Ethernet/Audio?Graphics for Nvidia) but you have a working Wifi.

• You cannot dual boot. Your Windows is a no show at CBM screen.

This leads me to the next question .

• In what Mode UEFI or Legacy , you have installed Windows 10?
Windows 10 in Legacy mode and High Sierra in UEFI could be a potential problem for failure of dual boot.

What SATA port is Windows 10 connected? What SATA port is macOS High Sierra Disk connected?

In the worst case scenario reinstalling Windows in UEFI mode after disconnecting HS disk and then shutting down and reconnecting HS in SATA -0 and Disabling all the disks in Boot Option Priorities could solve Dual boot issue.

If Windows 10 Disc is used instead of a USB installer created in UEFI mode, the DVD has tendency to assume the user wants to install in Legacy mode and defaults its choices in that direction ending with Win 10 in Legacy.

System Summary in Windows( via Run :MSINFO32 > OK>System Information>System Summary>BIOS Mode: ] can show whether the system has used UEFI or Legacy BIOS mode for installation.

Hi knorman,

Please edit your Personal Details
and correctly list your MoBo|CPU|Graphics in the appropriate sections such that they will be displayed under your signature for easy access to readers of your post through out the troubleshoot.

**Done - Thanks, much better!
  • In dual boot Win10 and High Sierra , the Bootloader for dual booting must be CLOVER and not BootMGR of Win10.
**Boot loader is CLOVER, not using Win 10 BootMGR, using BIOS to select bootdisk.
  • Clover EFI Bootloader should be allowed to bring macOS High Sierra and Win 10 Bootable disk to Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen.
    • From CBM , HS will use the rest of CLOVER config.plist instructions to reach its Login screen
    • From CBM , Win10 will follow its own Bmgr for its journey to Windows 10 login screen.
  • To make the above possible, you need to try to prevent Win 10 BMGR from corrupting Clover EFI of macOS System Disk.
    • One way for beginners to Clover Multiboot system creation to prevent Windows from corrupting Clover EFI is to DISCONNECT Windows System Disk from the MoBo while macOS (or OS X ) system is being created. This physical separation assures Clover in MacOS will not be tampered with by Windows Boot loader
**Fair comment. Win10 was installed before Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB was connected. I believe I had an issue with the manual CLOVER install on the 850 500GB that I attempted as having used Multibeast 10.1.0 available and using I can see the
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and it will boot and now shows the install partion for OSX - Progress and original issue resolved!

• This part needs some expansion for understanding what is going on. Answers to the following will help me understand the details I need to visualize how you got into problem using Tonymac GUIDE.
    • Did you create a High Sierra Installer Flash disk on a 16GB flash drive using UniBeast 8.0 Tool? [latest is UniBeast 8.1.0] **Yes with 8.0
    • Was your High Sierra Unibeast USB installer created in UEFI or Legacy Mode? **UEFI
    • Did you make the Graphics choice correctly during the early part of creating UniBeast installer disk?**Didn't have any graphics issues but honestly can't remember how I configured. The correct drivers are yet to be loaded but it works in default mode for now.
    • Did you have any problem booting that USB Installer Disk to reach Installation Screen?**A couple of false starts due to me not understanding how to build the installer properly but quickly overcame those.
    • Where you able to see your Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB in Disk Utility Interface of the USB Installer?**Yes
    • What type of fileformat you chose to format the SSD? APFS or HFS+J?**APFS
  • How did the Hard disk installation of High Sierra on the Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB go?**No issues - followed installer, went well, couple of reboots where I had to remember which drive and partition to load but ok
  • What problem you had?
  • What version of Multibeast was used? Multibeast 10 and current 10.1 are specific for High Sierra. Did you choose either? **When I started this 10 wasn't out yet but today I have used 10.1.0
  • How did you get it to the new System desktop?
    • Through the USB installer by copy and paste to the completed disk?**With the USB installer and selecting the installed partion from its CLOVER menu.
    • New Download from Tonymac Downloads?**no - see above
  • My best guess is that you have an APFS System Disk and tried to install Bootloader+kexts+System Definition+ Graphics Configuration using an old Multibeast 9.1.0**Exactly right until today when I went to Multibeast 10.1.0
Looks like , after failing to install needed Clover and kexts using Multibeast, you had downloaded latest Clover EFI from Sourceforge.net and installed that on the System disk.**Yes

• Looks like you have yet to install some kexts (I'm guessing: Ethernet/Audio?Graphics for Nvidia) but you have a working Wifi.**Yes correct

• You cannot dual boot. Your Windows is a no show at CBM screen.**No - Windows does show at CBM but I use the BIOS boot manger to select Windows if required

This leads me to the next question .

• In what Mode UEFI or Legacy , you have installed Windows 10?**UEFI
Windows 10 in Legacy mode and High Sierra in UEFI could be a potential problem for failure of dual boot.

What SATA port is Windows 10 connected? What SATA port is macOS High Sierra Disk connected?**Win 10 is on an M2, unsure of OSX Sata port

In the worst case scenario reinstalling Windows in UEFI mode after disconnecting HS disk and then shutting down and reconnecting HS in SATA -0 and Disabling all the disks in Boot Option Priorities could solve Dual boot issue.

If Windows 10 Disc is used instead of a USB installer created in UEFI mode, the DVD has tendency to assume the user wants to install in Legacy mode and defaults its choices in that direction ending with Win 10 in Legacy.**Understood but no DVD drive present in this instance

System Summary in Windows( via Run :MSINFO32 > OK>System Information>System Summary>BIOS Mode: ] can show whether the system has used UEFI or Legacy BIOS mode for installation.

Great thought process and questions, had me reviewing things and rethinking. I have answered your questions as best I can in the quote above.

I believe my issue has moved on with the advent of 10.1.0 but having installed that and selecting the installation of High Sierra on the Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, I now get a Panic error and freeze - not sure how to output this to a log to attach and the error isn't very clear. I have tried several buils using multibeast including nothing but fake CPU but so far no luck. Will post the new error in a seperate message below.

CMN699 - You obviously know your stuff and I thank you for your help so far.

OK so my update for the day -

Thanks to Multibeast 10.1.0 I managed to get further than before and can now select my MacOS drive as Multibeast re-installed Clover properly (yes that was always going to be a user error issue on my part). As of right now I can get the drive to boot into clover and select my High Sierra partition but am unable to go further as I quickly get the errors in the pictures below - first picture of the screen is the lower half where it crashes, the second is the upper half.
erro2.jpg

error1.jpg

What do you think ? I have tried every combination of Multibeast install but even the most basic seems to fail, with or without Nvidia flags - again...i'm a little lost. Thanks in advance.

Keith

OK so my update for the day -

Thanks to Multibeast 10.1.0 I managed to get further than before and can now select my MacOS drive as Multibeast re-installed Clover properly (yes that was always going to be a user error issue on my part). As of right now I can get the drive to boot into clover and select my High Sierra partition but am unable to go further as I quickly get the errors in the pictures below - first picture of the screen is the lower half where it crashes, the second is the upper half. View attachment 292373

View attachment 292374

What do you think ? I have tried every combination of Multibeast install but even the most basic seems to fail, with or without Nvidia flags - again...i'm a little lost. Thanks in advance.

Keith
  • Please take a Picture of your Clover Boot Manager Screen showing all the icons there.
  • Identify each icon's name by hovering the mouse cursor and take pictures ( may be 2-4 separate images to show me what each icon represents)
  • Or you may edit a single image showing the icon names if you don't want to take multiple images
  • I suspect theres is a problem in the CLOVER folder contents in the disk that is causing this boot error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back