Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte HD3
CPU
I3 8100
Graphics
Radeon RX 56 Vega
Hi there,
Ive been running a Hackintosh for 18 months or so, dual booting Mac and Windows on separate SSDs.
Last week I upgraded my graphics card to a Vega which allowed me to finally upgrade to Mojave. In the process though, my Clover boot entries has changed and the Mac OSX is now shown at the end of the list. Although only a minor problem, it's really annoying me as my boot options show Windows, MacOS Backup, Windows Backup, MacOS. I really want the MacOS first in the list like it was before, and where it should be. The SSD is connected into sata port 0x0, and this always use to put it first! I've tried custom entries in the GUI, but had zero luck getting these to work at all.
Anyone know what might have caused the boot drives to be shown in a different order, and is there a simple fix for this?
Many thanks,
James.

Ive tried all sorts since my first post but nothing has worked.
I tried swapping the SATA ports around, but my main MacOS boot entry is always last in the list. I tried recreating a clover boot to see if the it was a random entry in the config.plist or something with the Microsoft boot folder on the EFI partition, but I still had the same problem. Which means it must be either something in the BIOS or more likely something on the main MacOS boot drive itself. I still had the recovery partitions, so removed those, but that didn't change anything.
Any ideas of something that could be on the Mac drive that would cause this?
Thanks...

This happened for me, too, when I uploaded Clover from 4003 to 5104. I have tried lots of things and nothing seems to have worked. I'd also appreciate if anyone could help.

I'm attaching screenshots of how I've sorted the entries in GUI, along with how they show up during boot time in Clover.
Also, I'm sending a copy of my Clover config.plist, in case that helps.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 12.03.06 PM.png

2020-02-28 12.35.44.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 140
This happened for me, too, when I uploaded Clover from 4003 to 5104. I have tried lots of things and nothing seems to have worked. I'd also appreciate if anyone could help.

I'm attaching screenshots of how I've sorted the entries in GUI, along with how they show up during boot time in Clover.
Also, I'm sending a copy of my Clover config.plist, in case that helps.

Thanks!

View attachment 452082
View attachment 452091

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back