Motherboard
GA-Z97x-UD5H-BK
CPU
i5 4690
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
when I try to enter a boot arg that contains an underscore character, the screen looks like I held the underscore key down for a minute -- nv___________________________________________________

I can't seem to enter a single underscore character without this happening. Once the long underscore appears, I can't enter anymore boot args.

when I try to enter a boot arg that contains an underscore character, the screen looks like I held the underscore key down for a minute -- nv___________________________________________________

I can't seem to enter a single underscore character without this happening. Once the long underscore appears, I can't enter anymore boot args.

I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone else found a solution?

Never found a solution. Was trying to install El Cap on a clean hard drive. Had to start over formatting hard drive, new clover usb, etc. Decided to start over with a fresh yosemite clover build instead and now everything's working great. I'm staying clear of El Cap.

I too am having the same problem! I have a 980 TI that I need to enter nv_disable=1 to boot into the installer for El Cap! I type underscore and I get 1 million underscores!

This is killing me as I need to get back to work!

ANY solutions please help?

Has anybody found a solution to this? Even when I use the Clover Configurator GUI to get the boot args they don't even work. I've tested it with the -v option in clover configurator and when I boot it does not do verbose. I have a feeling that I need nv_disable=1 to get my install to work but it's so frustrating that I can't get the boot arg to go through D:

When I pull up options in clover they are not following my config.plist They still have the inject and all that, and none of the things I want in the boot args section

Same problem. It is not just the underscore character -- any key I press while holding shift gets entered lots of times, no matter how quickly I tap and release.

Hopefully this helps someone, but I wasn't able to enter an underscore with my keyboard either. After turning the num lock off, however, it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back