Contribute
Register

Clover and MultiBeast - GA-Z87X-UD5H - Yosemite - Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z87X-UD5H - Yosemite - Guide

as soon as i have XMP Profile 1 enabled and Multibeast installed then the system won't boot anymore. When i put my RAM back at no XMP, so 1333mhz in my case the system boots normal. Any thoughts? The RAM is Crucial Ballistix 2x 8GB 1600mhz

as soon as i have XMP Profile 1 enabled and Multibeast installed then the system won't boot anymore. When i put my RAM back at no XMP, so 1333mhz in my case the system boots normal. Any thoughts? The RAM is Crucial Ballistix 2x 8GB 1600mhz

Hmmm. Well, not sure if it will help, but worth a try if you use the Clover boot loader. Open your config.plist in your hidden EFI directory with Clover Configurator, go to the "Boot" section (on the left). Click XMPDetection=Yes at the far right, Command+S to save. Reboot into BIOS, select SMP Profile 1 again, and see if that works.

2. Boot 2014-10-24.png

thanks for the tip, will try it. Using chimera now. Weird is that there is no problem using 1600mhz until i install multicast.. System than hangs on loading FakeSMC kext. So i'll suspect the FakeSMC.kext for going wrong.

Chimera 4 / Yosemite does work with the board. Chimera just doesn't (currently) have a way to provide some system information necessary for things like iMessage to work. Clover does, but is more complicated to setup. Chameleon does work though.

In switching out hardware, you may have to made modifications to your boot args in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, get rid you your old DSDT.aml if you were using one, and change/add kexts.

I managed to boot on Mavericks without reinstalling it. Perfect! And fresh installing with Yosemite. Everything went fine!

I had one problem with Keyshot Rendering. I have high cpu temps at 100 C. I'm still searching for this problem. Anywhere else my temps are good. Only on Rendering have problem.

SOLVED!!
Finally I updated my bios to the latest 10c Beta on the BackupBios with SingleBios option. On the main I have the previous F9 just for sure.

Hi Guys,

thank you for your tutorial here.

Before Yosemite I had Mavericks running well. I was performing a clean installation. In my mind the best decision.

My System:
Z87X-UD5H (BIOS F9)
- optimized defaults, WOL deactivated, Memory Profile 1
Intel i7 4770k
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile PC3-12800U CL10-10-10-27
SanDisc SSD Extreme 240GB
Internal Graphic

My System works as dual boot with Win 7 x64, so the SSD has 2 partitions for the OS's. I also have 6 HDD's extra, which are for Windows and HDD-Pooling.

Install:
I needed the following bootflags to start the installation without interruption:
maxmem=4096 -no-zp

After installation to start via USB-Stick:
maxmem=4096

First run of MultiBeast: Quick

Second run:
Drivers > Realtek > ALC898
Drivers > Disc > TRIM
Drivers > Misc > all 3 Fake SMC
Customize > System Definitions > Mac 14,2

The lower LAN is working out of the Box. The upper LAN is not. But I only need one and I used in Mavericks the upper one with "Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v.2.5.4.d".

iStat showing Fan speeds and Temps. CPU is in Idle about 31°C (87,8 °F). The highest Temp which I get (also in Windows) is about 43°C (109,4°F). I don't know why this system is so cool. Maybe there is a measuring failure?!?

Problems and untested:
- iMessage (not testet yet. Don't know how to start)
- Facetime (no camera and mic, so I don't care)
- Bluetooth (Iogear GBU521W6). The Apple Keyboard is working well (in Mac OS), but the Apple Trackpad is very laggy. Replug the Stick is working for about 10 Minutes. After that the Trackpad is unusable. Sadly the Stick is not working in Chimera as my referred System is Windows for Video Streaming etc. So i need my logitech Keyboard to start Yosemite.

How do I know, if the power states are working correctly.

Problems and untested:
- Bluetooth (Iogear GBU521W6). The Apple Keyboard is working well (in Mac OS), but the Apple Trackpad is very laggy. Replug the Stick is working for about 10 Minutes. After that the Trackpad is unusable. Sadly the Stick is not working in Chimera as my referred System is Windows for Video Streaming etc. So i need my logitech Keyboard to start Yosemite.

iMessage is almost guaranteed not to work unless you are using Clover(which is why i switched and I will be posting a guide to my install soon)

Understandable, but you may want the "Use iPhone" to answer calls. This has come in handy for me even tho my camera sucks... lol

As for this issue, I haven't experienced an issue with the bluetooth I have(simple rockfish bt adapter) although I have not tried to use the bt apple keyboard to in clover upon boot. ( I can test and report back) But I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. I use a non- apple keyboard and mouse as I do some gaming and the trackpad and keyboard obviously isn't good for that :p

As far as power states I'm assuming your referring to sleep. I don't really have a need for sleep so I have not tested this and I have it disabled in the Energy Saver Settings in System Prefs.

As far as the temp issue, I use Intel Power Gadget (google it, should be the first result) and it shows an accurate temp. Again I am using clover atm so this may take some extra tweaking in MultiBeast.

Hope this helps :)

Hello JapieG,

I have the same problem! Yosemite won't boot with XMP Profile1 enabled.
I'm trying to solve this. :think:
Did you find a solution?

My machine
GA-Z87X-UD5H (F8)
EVGA 780 Ti
32GB (8GB sticks from Cosair 1866MHz CMD16GX3M2A1866C10)

What's working

Audio (and when woken up from sleep)
Ethernet
Graphics (OpenCL)
Bluetooth (GMYLE Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle)
Sleep

--------------------------------------------------------------

FRESH INSTALL ONLY

0 Bios Setup (thanks to techfreaktwo)
Really important otherwise you'll get KP after KP
Load Optimised Settings
Set the XMP memory to Profile1
Disabled Wake on LAN
Enabled EHCI Hand-off
Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto (XHCI Hand-off was already enabled)

1 Boot into installer (from USB)
Flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000

If you get "no Essentials.pkg" file error. Use flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 -no-zp

If you get a KP at anytime during this boot into installer phase. Turn off your computer then back on again. I don't know why but it works.

2 Boot into Yosemite (boot from USB first)
Flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1

3 Run Multibeast 7.0
Quick Start > DSDT-Free > Install
View attachment 108812
Reboot

4 Boot into Yosemite (boot from USB first)
Flags:maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1

5 Install
the latest nvidia drivers (343.01.01f01)
Go to System Preferences and pick Nvidia Web driver
View attachment 108809
Reboot and Repair permissions

6 Run Multibeast 7.0
Drivers > Realtek > ALC898
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Patch 10.10
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC + FakeSMC Plugins + FakeSMC Application
Customise > System Definitions > Mac 14,2
View attachment 108813

7 Reboot and restore your standard settings for the motherboard
For me: 4770k OC to 4.3GHz / 32GB RAM OC to 2133MHz / SafeBoot back on / etc...
Reboot

8 Deleted all Apple Intel graphics extensions (for 780Ti)
/System/Library/Extensions/
View attachment 108811

Done!

Quick tests
Apple Maps 3D walkthrough – no failures
Prime95 test – no failures
OpenCL Ocean Wave v161 – no failures
LuxMark 2.1 – no failures

Let me know if this method works for you guys. I've tested this twice and it works perfectly.

ihal9001, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this up for the GA-Z87X-UD5H, everything works as it should, even iMessage.

Has anyone using this guide updated to 10.10.3 yet. If yes, anything I should be aware of.

Hello everyone,

thank you so much for sharing this guide. I'm just setting the flash drive up now to install. A prior one has issues. Should I disable Azul BT and WiFi in the BIOS or leave it on? I have the loaded "TH" mobo. Or try and run Toledo's script later? I'm new to Clover so not sure if it would cancel this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back