Contribute
Register

Clover and GA-EP35-DS3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, I retried using the same version has you and I was able to successfully boot a test partition from clover using the clover test drive method.

I was previously testing with 2988 release, and now it works with 2976.

I got a kernel crash after a few minutes when using this 10.9.2 test partition, but it's probably due to the fact that it has been installed for Chimera, I suspect a conflict between kexts.

So, I'm now gonna try a fesh yosemite install using clover methods....

Hey that is great news! Keep us posted on your progress.

Good modding,
neil

Yosemite install is now successful but I had to keep nullcpupowermanagement in clover kext folder, I have kernel panic if I don't do that.

Audio is not working at this stage, but it's a first step.

Did u do some specific clover configuration or did u add other kext ?

Trying to solve audio issue to make 885/889a working with this board.

I'm trying to use the clover method provided there :
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

But I can't make it work.

As someone be successful on a similar board to fix audio ?

This is the last point I need to solve !

Thanks for your help.

I have the exact same mobo, and I seem to get stuck here....it just stops booting...no error as such..cannot figure it out! :( HELP!

This is with Yosemite...boots fine with Chameloen

Attachments

• IMG_20141125_171242.jpg
    IMG_20141125_171242.jpg
    907 KB · Views: 123
Do you use clover or chameleon to boot ? It's unclear.

After a few week of use, I confirm everything if working fine with no issue at all. And it's very nice to use a fully unmodified Yosemite install :)

So what did I use :

First, follow the very easy to use Yosemite with clover install : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

The only thing you must do that is no written in Tonymac's guide is that you must keep NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in your final clover kext folder.

Then, you need to configure Clover. If you have a NVIDIA Card like me (8800 GT), start with the config file provided by Tonymac in its guide and named : config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA.zip

Then download , Clover configurator : http://mackie100.webwacemaster.altervista.org/

An use it to configure clover :

On ACPI tab, check :
FixHPET
AddDTGP
FixHDA
FixShutdown
FixUSB
FakeLPC
FixSBUS
Generate P States
Generate C States

On Boot tab, check :
Verbose (-v)
Dart=0
ket-dev-mode=1

On CPU : do nothing

On Devices :
Look after Audio and write 1 in the box (it's your audio layer for GA-EP35-DS3P)

On Disable Drivers : nothing

On GUI : no need to modify the default config

On Kernel and Kext Patches, check :
AppleRTC
Asus AICPUPM
KernelPM

On Graphics, check :
Inject NVidia

On SMBIOS
Use the magic button to generate the right configuration, I use MacPro3,1 as Mac profile.

With this configuration, everything should work, except sound and TRIM if you use a SSD drive.

To enable audio, you must use a script provided by Toleda at : https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Download the latest version of audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip and run the script, just follow the instruction.
It will modify your clover configuration with a on the fly patch you will now find in Kernel and Kext Patch in Clover configurator.
It will add a fake kext in your Clover kext folder : realtekALC.kext
Just reboot, sound should be ok. If not, rerun the script a second time and reboot. I had to do this with version 1.0.1
of the script. With newer version, the issue is possibly fixed.
Audio should be working fine now.

To enable Trim, you just need to add an on the fly patch. Launch Clover configurator and select Kernel and Kext Patches.
In KextsToPatch, add a new line :
In Name : IOAHCIBlockStorage
In Find : 4150504C4520535344
In Replace : 000000000000000000
In Comment : Trim enabler
Reboot and check in System Information / SATA that your SSD drive has Trim enabled.

And that's all ! You have a fully working install of Yosemite (except imessage), with no modification at all. You are now free to update it to 10.10.1 through Mac Appstore.

It's far better than Chimera/Chameleon as you now use on the fly patching !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back