Contribute
Register

Clover and forced Christmas theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the christmas and newyears themes are installed when you use the Clover installer. Nothing will be "automatically installed", provided you do not run the Clover installer.

My original suggestion was that you delete those folders. It should be assumed you would need to delete those folders every time after using the Clover installer.

My assumption was that you did what I told you to do. Assuming you had done what was asked, the only conclusion that could be drawn was that you were deleting files from an EFI/Clover that was actually not being used.

If you failed to delete the folders as suggested, then that is your mistake.
I wrote the following sentence in my 1st reply to this thread:
Code:
 I then made sure that there's no "newyear" or "christmas" folder there
Everything is because Clover automatically install the christmas / newyear themes everytime I remove them.
I don't know why you enjoy blaming me so much for my undid mistake. What's wrong with you today?

Of course the christmas and newyears themes are installed when you use the Clover installer. Nothing will be "automatically installed", provided you do not run the Clover installer.

My original suggestion was that you delete those folders. It should be assumed you would need to delete those folders every time after using the Clover installer.

My assumption was that you did what I told you to do. Assuming you had done what was asked, the only conclusion that could be drawn was that you were deleting files from an EFI/Clover that was actually not being used.

If you failed to delete the folders as suggested, then that is your mistake.

One more thing: I use Clover v3961 since when it was released till now.
Just now I updated it to v3974 and confirmed it automatically installs the christmas and the newyear theme. This time Clover does not automatically recover these themes after manual removal.

At this point, I would rather think it is a version-specific problem. I know both your time and mine are precious, and I have no necessity to make stories here. Maybe my only mistake is that I shouldn't reply anything in this thread.

I wrote the following sentence in my 1st reply to this thread:
Code:
 I then made sure that there's no "newyear" or "christmas" folder there
Everything is because Clover automatically install the christmas / newyear themes everytime I remove them.
I don't know why you enjoy blaming me so much for my undid mistake. What's wrong with you today?

Clover doesn't install anything.
Are you actually referring to the Clover installer?
The "Clover installer" is different from Clover itself.

One more thing: I use Clover v3961 since when it was released till now.
Just now I updated it to v3974 and confirmed it automatically installs the christmas and the newyear theme. This time Clover does not automatically recover these themes after manual removal.

At this point, I would rather think it is a version-specific problem. I know both your time and mine are precious, and I have no necessity to make stories here. Maybe my only mistake is that I shouldn't reply anything in this thread.

The solution remains as simple as always: After running the Clover installer, remove the 'christmas' and 'newyears' folders from EFI/Clover/themes.

Clover doesn't install anything.
Are you actually referring to the Clover installer?
The "Clover installer" is different from Clover itself.

The solution remains as simple as always: After running the Clover installer, remove the 'christmas' and 'newyears' folders from EFI/Clover/themes.

Then there must be a disk failure. Looks like the topic could get stopped since both you and I know at least the latest version of clover and its installer behave as what you said. I apologize for making my statements too early prior to notice the file system problems.

I just had this...Maybe an old installer somewhere along the line... Removing the folders worked (tried other options first). My first thought was that my Hackintosh was hacked. Grateful for all the work guys!

Same... Annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back