Contribute
Register

Clover and forced Christmas theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated Clover (3974) and I have a forced Christmas theme. I checked the config.plist, and in that there is my favourite theme defined. Why have I the Christmas theme? How to get rid of it?
Delete the theme from your /EFI/CLOVER/themes folder.

I updated Clover (3974) and I have a forced Christmas theme. I checked the config.plist, and in that there is my favourite theme defined. Why have I the Christmas theme? How to get rid of it?

It is a feature. Remove EFI/Clover/themes/christmas

Oh my goodness, I was wondering about this too.
My theme changed from tonymac to an ugly Christmas theme, then to an even uglier New Year theme.
Checked my config and I see tonymac listed as my theme... head scratching!

Sorry, but not sorry -- This is one really butt ugly theme.
uglynewyear.jpg

Oh my goodness, I was wondering about this too.
My theme changed from tonymac to an ugly Christmas theme, then to an even uglier New Year theme.
Checked my config and I see tonymac listed as my theme... head scratching!

Sorry, but not sorry -- This is one really butt ugly theme.
uglynewyear.jpg

Simple/obvious solution: remove 'newyear' and 'christmas' folders from EFI/Clover/themes.

Simple/obvious solution: remove 'newyear' and 'christmas' folders from EFI/Clover/themes.
This doesn't work on my machine. I did checked the theme folder, found a blank folder called "christmas". I then made sure that there's no "newyear" or "christmas" folder there, restart, and this G-damn Christmas theme still gets activated. Wondering what the bloody hell the developers think about this.

This doesn't work on my machine. I did checked the theme folder, found a blank folder called "christmas". I then made sure that there's no "newyear" or "christmas" folder there, restart, and this G-damn Christmas theme still gets activated. Wondering what the bloody hell the developers think about this.

You must be modifying the incorrect EFI/Clover (probably wrong EFI partition). Check your Clover bootlog to understand which partition you are booting from.

You must be modifying the incorrect EFI/Clover (probably wrong EFI partition). Check your Clover bootlog to understand which partition you are booting from.
I am modifying the only Clover booting EFI partition on my computer.

I rechecked all EFI volumes of my all internal hard drives and again confirmed what you assumed is totally wrong.
I just noticed that the newyear theme got automatically installed right after the removal of the blank christmas folder.
I duplicated the theme I preferred as doppelgangers named in "christmas" and "newyear" to replace the officially force-installed ones. Hope that this will work.

I rechecked all EFI volumes of my all internal hard drives and again confirmed what you assumed is totally wrong.
I just noticed that the newyear theme got automatically installed right after the removal of the blank christmas folder.
I duplicated the theme I preferred as doppelgangers named in "christmas" and "newyear" to replace the officially force-installed ones. Hope that this will work.

Of course the christmas and newyears themes are installed when you use the Clover installer. Nothing will be "automatically installed", provided you do not run the Clover installer.

My original suggestion was that you delete those folders. It should be assumed you would need to delete those folders every time after using the Clover installer.

My assumption was that you did what I told you to do. Assuming you had done what was asked, the only conclusion that could be drawn was that you were deleting files from an EFI/Clover that was actually not being used.

If you failed to delete the folders as suggested, then that is your mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back