Motherboard
Probook 4540s
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz
Graphics
AMD Raden HD 7650m
Mobile Phone
iOS,
Title says it all, my theme in config.plist was overridden to Christmas theme and I read on 1st Jan, it will be new year theme. I now deleted all themes except the one I want.

Its not at all a good idea to enforce your stuff. From last year insanelymac thread says it was a bug...could have been fixed by now no?

I or people will lose trust in developers with this way, now I'd be forced to ask myself what else they do enforce behind the scenes?

What do you think guys?

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
Intel Core i5 3320M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
iOS
Title says it all, my theme in config.plist was overridden to Christmas theme and I read on 1st Jan, it will be new year theme. I now deleted all themes except the one I want.

Its not at all a good idea to enforce your stuff. From last year insanelymac thread says it was a bug...could have been fixed by now no?

I or people will lose trust in developers with this way, now I'd be forced to ask myself what else they do enforce behind the scenes?

What do you think guys?
I'm one of people who suggested implementing this feature to Clover. It will last for some days and I think it's a little surprise for clover users. If you don't like it, just remove two themes in themes folder. Btw, I don't include the themes in PBI CE for smaller size.

Motherboard
Probook 4540s
CPU
Graphics
AMD Raden HD 7650m
Mobile Phone
iOS,
I'm one of people who suggested implementing this feature to Clover. It will last for some days and I think it's a little surprise for clover users.
I would have tolerated this but firstly the theme is ugly like anything, however it surely creates a distrust on developer side. They must and never enforce stuff unannounced. This is the key thing to open source developers, never to lose trust. Lastly, not all clover users would be surprised by this because not all clover users are Christians I believe.

If you don't like it, just remove two themes in themes folder.
I did.

Btw, I don't include the themes in PBI CE for smaller size.
I know I wasn't pointing to you in first place. I searched insanelymac and read about it before posting here. They said it was a 'bug' http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-171.
and still a bug after one year? This is utterly unacceptable.

Regards,

P.S, Merry Christmas to you and your family and to all members here !

Motherboard
HP Probook 4340s
CPU
Core i3-3110M
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I would have tolerated this but firstly the theme is ugly like anything, however it surely creates a distrust on developer side. They must and never enforce stuff unannounced. This is the key thing to open source developers, never to lose trust. Lastly, not all clover users would be surprised by this because not all clover users are Christians I believe.
Couldn't agree more. Plus it's mighty annyoing if you'd like to spend your free time over christmas testing, among other things, different boot themes.

In short: :thumbdown:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Couldn't agree more. Plus it's mighty annyoing if you'd like to spend your free time over christmas testing, among other things, different boot themes.

In short: :thumbdown:
It is pretty much "par for the course" with Clover.

But it is still the best hackintosh bootloader out there...

Motherboard
HP Probook 4340s
CPU
Core i3-3110M
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It is pretty much "par for the course" with Clover.

But it is still the best hackintosh bootloader out there...
Not doubt. I was only bashing this tiny but annoying "feature", otherwise I'm as grateful as anyone for Clovers existance.

Motherboard
Probook 4540s
CPU
Graphics
AMD Raden HD 7650m
Mobile Phone
iOS,
Not doubt. I was only bashing this tiny but annoying "feature", otherwise I'm as grateful as anyone for Clovers existance.
I second that !

Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-z97x-ud5h
CPU
Intel core i7-4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gtx 760
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello!
i have a question. Do you know how to change the theme in Clover Bootloader?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello!
i have a question. Do you know how to change the theme in Clover Bootloader?
Install theme to EFI/Clover/themes.
Select them with config.plist/GUI/Theme.