i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Until yesterday I've been using an Asus GT 640 videocard in my pc (Asus Z87 Deluxe/Quad, 32GB RAM, Intel 120 GB SSD boot drive, dual monitor) and until yesterday everything worked great. Even iMessage worked without problems (on Yosemite).

However, as I have ordered an Oculus Rift, it was time to upgrade my videocard. I read on several posts that the new GTX 980 should work with Yosemite (after installing the nVidia Web Drivers) so I decided to purchase an Asus Strix GTX 980.

After installing the videocard I booted with the "nv_disable=1" flag, installed the nVidia Web Drivers and rebooted with the "nvda_drv=1" flag. So far so good, everything worked great.

The problem started after rebooting my machine. When booting I got the "OsxAptiFixDrv" error which some other people reported as well. I tried rebuilding the cache and installing the AptioFix2Test3.zip, but neither solved the problem.

I can still boot my Mac using an USB Boot Disk (Chimera) and everyhting seems to be working that way, but I prefer booting via Clover.

Does anyone have an idea what I could try to get my Mac to boot using Clover again?

ps.
I'm using Clover revision 2999 and version 343.01.01f03 of the nVidia Web Driver.

Until yesterday I've been using an Asus GT 640 videocard in my pc (Asus Z87 Deluxe/Quad, 32GB RAM, Intel 120 GB SSD boot drive, dual monitor) and until yesterday everything worked great. Even iMessage worked without problems (on Yosemite).

However, as I have ordered an Oculus Rift, it was time to upgrade my videocard. I read on several posts that the new GTX 980 should work with Yosemite (after installing the nVidia Web Drivers) so I decided to purchase an Asus Strix GTX 980.

After installing the videocard I booted with the "nv_disable=1" flag, installed the nVidia Web Drivers and rebooted with the "nvda_drv=1" flag. So far so good, everything worked great.

The problem started after rebooting my machine. When booting I got the "OsxAptiFixDrv" error which some other people reported as well. I tried rebuilding the cache and installing the AptioFix2Test3.zip, but neither solved the problem.

I can still boot my Mac using an USB Boot Disk (Chimera) and everyhting seems to be working that way, but I prefer booting via Clover.

Does anyone have an idea what I could try to get my Mac to boot using Clover again?

ps.
I'm using Clover revision 2999 and version 343.01.01f03 of the nVidia Web Driver.
Did you try lowmemfix instead of aptiofix? Also make sure you have slide=0 in your boot arguments.

If that doesn't work, what happens if you boot with integrated graphics as primary?

I have got GTX980 running latest web drivers @4K and AptioFix2Test3
Have no issues with it so far, aptiofix2test3 was my solution.
Have you removed old OsxAptiFixDrv-64.EFI from clover UEFI folder?

I have got GTX980 running latest web drivers @4K and AptioFix2Test3
Have no issues with it so far, aptiofix2test3 was my solution.
Have you removed old OsxAptiFixDrv-64.EFI from clover UEFI folder?

I did remove the OscAptiFixDrv-64.EFI from the Clover UEFI folder.
I'll try this fix again later this week.

I tried rebuilding the cache and installing the AptioFix2Test3.zip, but neither solved the problem.

I was able to boot using Clover again after deleting the contents of the \System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches folder (in single user, safe mode).

Got it :D:D

When I double checked my config.plist I noticed that the "slide=0" argument was missing. The problem was solved after I added the boot argument.

I can now boot my system with Clover, without any issues.

Got it :D:D

When I double checked my config.plist I noticed that the "slide=0" argument was missing. The problem was solved after I added the boot argument.

I can now boot my system with Clover, without any issues.

Great! Could you please explain a little bit more what did you do in order to get it working? I'm planning to buy a GTX 980 and I would like to know what are the steps I need to know to get it working properly.

Great! Could you please explain a little bit more what did you do in order to get it working? I'm planning to buy a GTX 980 and I would like to know what are the steps I need to know to get it working properly.

It isn't that hard to get a 970/980 working. My only required boot arguments are kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_drv=1. Then just install the web drivers for your version of OS X, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back