Contribute
Register

Clover adds nvda_drv=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I hit F!2 to boot into Clover installer. Once I do that I have to hit the space bar and uncheck the box SET NVIDIA to VESA and then that Apple logo and then after a frew sec the bar come up aand a wheel spins sec and it frezes. Like I said before I have uncheck the box before in will go into the Utilities program. I would like to know if there anyway to not have that box not check without hitting the space bar
as per rules, please do not cross post, you already have a thread here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-will-boot-into-utility.238262/

This thread still doesn't give conclusion as to how to prevent the "nvda_drv" boot argument from being added automatically.

I'd like to have the NVIDIA web drivers disabled (i.e. not set to "NVIDIA Web Driver" but to "OS X Default Graphics Driver") so I can have the card plugged in without the system crashing but use another card as primary.

This thread still doesn't give conclusion as to how to prevent the "nvda_drv" boot argument from being added automatically.

I'd like to have the NVIDIA web drivers disabled (i.e. not set to "NVIDIA Web Driver" but to "OS X Default Graphics Driver") so I can have the card plugged in without the system crashing but use another card as primary.
edit your config.plist and remove the entry under boot arguments

Changing settings in the clover.config for enabling/disabling web drivers doesn't make any difference for me. The only method to forcefully disable the web drivers was to remove EmuVariableEFI as to prevent the persistent enabling of the drivers in the first place.

While this is what I aimed at, it brings me to a black screen when having a supported and an NVIDIA card plugged in at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back