Graphics
AMD Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
More and more I am interested in Clover, since pretty much everything works without a hitch from usb (except that the graphics card is not waking up from sleep).

But it is DSDT problem (at least from what I've found and read so far), and i hope i will find the solution.

What interests me now is:
  • Can I install Clover to the EFI partition without formatting it in HFS+?
  • Or, can I install it to system partition, since I have pure BIOS board?

And, if someone wants to help with awakening of graphics card, my config and DSDT are attached.

View attachment DSDT.zip
View attachment config.plist.zip

More and more I am interested in Clover, since pretty much everything works without a hitch from usb (except that the graphics card is not waking up from sleep).

But it is DSDT problem (at least from what I've found and read so far), and i hope i will find the solution.

What interests me now is:
  • Can I install Clover to the EFI partition without formatting it in HFS+?
  • Or, can I install it to system partition, since I have pure BIOS board?

Yes you can install Clover to the EFI partition without formatting it HFS+. In fact it is recommended you format it MSDOS FAT32 - see the post install part of the Clover Guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

If you have a pure BIOS board like my GA-X58A-UD7, the Clover EFI partition gets placed in the root - same as the /Extra folder. Don't even have to put it in the EFI partition.

Yes you can install Clover to the EFI partition without formatting it HFS+. In fact it is recommended you format it MSDOS FAT32 - see the post install part of the Clover Guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

If you have a pure BIOS board like my GA-X58A-UD7, the Clover EFI partition gets placed in the root - same as the /Extra folder. Don't even have to put it in the EFI partition.

Yes, I know, but I thought of installing Clover on intact EFI system partition, without formatting it at all. Is it possible?

My board is ASUS P7P55D-E, so I'll try to install in the root. Maybe this will work as well.
Thanks.

Yes, I know, but I thought of installing Clover on intact EFI system partition, without formatting it at all. Is it possible?

My board is ASUS P7P55D-E, so I'll try to install in the root. Maybe this will work as well.
Thanks.

A partition has to have some type of format if it is going to have readable data on it. Whether you format it FAT32 or HFS+ depends on your needs and the type of system you have.

Installing to root will work just as well. Follow the Clover Guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html ) post install instructions and use the Legacy Mode picklist for the Clover Installer when you install it and it will install to root. Best to delete the config.plist in the default install and use Clover Configurator to extract/create one after you get it up and running. Or at least, go into the plist and make everything false if you don't know what it does, especially the DSDT patches. Since you probably already have a patched DSDT you could just delete all of the DSDT patch section.

A partition has to have some type of format if it is going to have readable data on it. Whether you format it FAT32 or HFS+ depends on your needs and the type of system you have.

Installing to root will work just as well. Follow the Clover Guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html ) post install instructions and use the Legacy Mode picklist for the Clover Installer when you install it and it will install to root. Best to delete the config.plist in the default install and use Clover Configurator to extract/create one after you get it up and running. Or at least, go into the plist and make everything false if you don't know what it does, especially the DSDT patches. Since you probably already have a patched DSDT you could just delete all of the DSDT patch section.

Oh, well. I'll have to make clean install anyway, because last time, I've made UniBeast based install, and that was Mountain Lion 10.8.5. :|

So I'll make it the ''Clover way'' this time.
I can always install Chimera if something goes wrong. :angel:

I do have patched DSDT, and somewhere in it I still have a problem with graphics card not waking after sleep, when system has been booted from Clover Test usb drive, while everything works fine when i boot it from Chimera, installed in root of the system partition.
And I don't have any DSDT patches in config.plist.

But we'll see how it will behave after clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back