3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings. I just updated a working clover 5133 to the just released 5134.
It booted with Clover boot screen warnings.
Accessing the boot log gave this list of problems:

0:117 0:000 There is problems in plist '\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist'
0:135 0:017 Warning: Unknown key '/Boot/Log:97'. Skipped.
0:144 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:214'. Skipped.
0:162 0:018 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/AppleCpuPmCfgLock:256'. Skipped.
0:171 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/AppleXcpmCfgLock:259'. Skipped.
0:181 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/CustomSMBIOSGuid:266'. Skipped.
0:190 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:274'. Skipped.
0:199 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/LapicKernelPanic:298'. Skipped.
0:209 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/PanicNoKextDump:301'. Skipped.
0:218 0:009 Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable:310'. Skipped.
0:236 0:018 Use CloverConfigPlistValidator or look in the log
3:247 3:010 Cannot find smbios.plist at path '\EFI\CLOVER' : Not Found
3:247 0:000 '\EFI\CLOVER\smbios.plist' not loaded. Efi error Not Found

I deleted the pref.plist references to each of the warnings, and it worked successfully. I nw can boot without any warning. But I am suspicious about removing prefs, especially the Quirks. Is there insight into why this happened and whether my fix will remain stable for future releases?

you need to add selection to clover (deleted in quirk , but report in another section, generally manage by clover configurator and fix your smbios. thank

Last edited:
Greetings. I just updated a working clover 5133 to the just released 5134.
It booted with Clover boot screen warnings.

I deleted the pref.plist references to each of the warnings, and it worked successfully. I nw can boot without any warning. But I am suspicious about removing prefs, especially the Quirks. Is there insight into why this happened and whether my fix will remain stable for future releases?
Evening Moshes, same here and found 2 others in search with similar.
As I'm unfamiliar to a degree in going deeper where can I find the symbios.plist & pref.plist also how can I get a txt copy of my screen? At present I'm booted using the install USB, it allows boot on main.

I didn't get Quirks but 5134 threw random stuff in.

Found 1 answer:
"Use a text editor to modify config.plist:
find the corresponding items on lines 2, 3, 4, and 5 and delete them; on the
sixth line, replace <string>true</string> with <true/>; the last two lines seem to be missing Go to smbios.plist, delete the corresponding item or add smbios.plist file.
"

Since I posted this note, all has been stable. So I am less worried than the day I got the error messages.
You can read your config.plist file in a text editor, like text edit, or using the text mode of the clover configurator file. You must navigate to the EFI folder on your USB drive or on the boot disk. I use "EFI Mounter" app to get there.
My EFI does not have a separate smbios.plist file, but all the smbios data is embedded in the config.plist, and the bootloader seems just fine using that.
Deleting the lines that referred to each of the problematic Quirks did fix the error warning, but my question still stands- will this fix be stable in the future? I guess I will just find out. Eventually I will switch to OC bootloader but at the moment it is not worth the bother to me.

hey guys, I'm there too, wondering is it possible to roll back clover safely? Mine is a little worse then moshes, basically have to boot from USB with older clover, then when I boot up I get no ethernet of WIFI

This has be the most successful update I've ever done, . I went out got another tb of nvme and going to probably redo everything.. motherboard is taken care of soo
i really wish there was easier way out of this one

hey guys, I'm there too, wondering is it possible to roll back clover safely? Mine is a little worse then moshes, basically have to boot from USB with older clover, then when I boot up I get no ethernet of WIFI
Yes of course you can use the previous clover, why not?

Before you update your Clover you should always back up your EFI folder. Basically mount your EFI partition (use Clover Configurator/Tool/Mount EFI) then copy the EFI folder someplace (date it would be useful).
Then if you get into trouble, you just copy back your old EFI folder. You will be back to where you started from.
Also always have a USB stick with the bootloader, and system on it just in case everything blows up, you can still boot your computer.

FYI In case it is not clear the EFI partition is a separate partition on your HD, the OS (macOS) lives on another partition. If your Clover blows up, your system will still be ok, no need to "redo" everything, just redo/fix the Clover partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back