CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
MSI RX-470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've updated Clover 5105 —> 5108. And Clover just stopped loading at all. I choose UEFI partition to boot as always, but instead of loading to Clover Dashboard, computer wait for the few seconds on black screen and jumps to BIOS settings (even don't show splash text with version). I did not change anything, only updated.
Fro now reverted back to 5105 from backup (This one works fine). What can be a problem? How to detect what's wrong? I've never had such problem since Yosemite and dozens Clover versions. . .

I have the same issue. I have update clover and that killed my Mac OS boot partition. I start on another boot partition and replace back Clover 5105 and restart. Clover don't see Mac Os partition anymore ! I pull off the SSD from the hackintosh and repair with my MacBook Pro with disk utility (because my revecovery system partition never work). I put it back in the hackintosh and it work nice. I try another clover update with the same issue. Someone have problems with clover 5108 ? Thanks

you are probably missing drivers

donw35, I am not sure if you reply to me or to rogers76. On my side, I kept all drivers from 5105, no changes at all. And if drivers missing, I'll be not able to boot Mac OS... But! Clover is not booting at all. Clover itself just fail and computer show BIOS settings, without showing Clover dashboard.

you are probably missing drivers
I do a lot of clover update without any problems and I don't change anything is my config. Yesterday Clover 5109 was released, so I will test it when I will have the time. Thanks

I have the same problem with Clover 5108 and 5109. Clover starts and after selecting the boot drive, Apple logo is here but no progress bar. It's not a missing driver problem nor kexts not up to date.
Clover 5107 works perfectly.
I think we must wait a while because after converting Clover to C++ programming, people who develop it are working upon the embedded theme.

I have a similar situation, but worse. Clover can start but after selecting the boot drive, it went dark and just froze. Nothing happened even with Verbose on, it just simply went dark. The only clue is the Clover will restart if I press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I was attempting to update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 using 5108 Clover. I've tried to raise the situation in other threads and got a response. I haven't tried it out tho, may do it in the weekend.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2097565

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back