Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Rev 1.0
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64
CPU: i7 2600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, UEFI BIOS installed
OS 10.11.6
Fusion Drive (installing everything to the EFI partition on the SSD)

So I've switched from Chimera + 10.10 to Clover + 10.11 recently. Everything is working (minus that bloody "Error allocating pages" every other boot, but that's a different story) with the exception of my overclock. What I've done previously in Chimera:

-Set the Turbo boost to 4.6/4.6/4.6/4.5. It used to be that you had to have either the 1 core or 4 core turbo set one step up/down from the rest to get a functional overclock. I don't know if that's the case for Clover.
-Generated a functional SSDT.aml and used it to get speed stepping in place with the overclock as well

Everything worked under Chimera. Clover, however, seems to do things differently, and I'm finding a dearth of information on SB and Clover. It's still booting fine, but I'm stuck at 3.4ghz and it's going no higher. I've tested with Power Fractal and there's no difference in performance when I try, so it's not just that the OS isn't recognizing it. I don't think I have NullCPUPowerManagement installed anywhere, at least not that I can find.

I generated the SSD with ssdtPRGen.sh using -TURBO 4600, but no dice. Does Clover allow a more traditional overclock, as in raising the multiplier outright instead of boosting the max turbo? In that case I can try another SSDT with -f 4600 instead, but I'm wary of bungling things up. Or are there other caveats with Clover that I'm missing that may or may not be specific to Sandy Bridge?

CPU: i7 2600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, UEFI BIOS installed
OS 10.11.6
Fusion Drive (installing everything to the EFI partition on the SSD)

So I've switched from Chimera + 10.10 to Clover + 10.11 recently. Everything is working (minus that bloody "Error allocating pages" every other boot, but that's a different story) with the exception of my overclock. What I've done previously in Chimera:

-Set the Turbo boost to 4.6/4.6/4.6/4.5. It used to be that you had to have either the 1 core or 4 core turbo set one step up/down from the rest to get a functional overclock. I don't know if that's the case for Clover.
-Generated a functional SSDT.aml and used it to get speed stepping in place with the overclock as well

Everything worked under Chimera. Clover, however, seems to do things differently, and I'm finding a dearth of information on SB and Clover. It's still booting fine, but I'm stuck at 3.4ghz and it's going no higher. I've tested with Power Fractal and there's no difference in performance when I try, so it's not just that the OS isn't recognizing it. I don't think I have NullCPUPowerManagement installed anywhere, at least not that I can find.

I generated the SSD with ssdtPRGen.sh using -TURBO 4600, but no dice. Does Clover allow a more traditional overclock, as in raising the multiplier outright instead of boosting the max turbo? In that case I can try another SSDT with -f 4600 instead, but I'm wary of bungling things up. Or are there other caveats with Clover that I'm missing that may or may not be specific to Sandy Bridge?

What system Definition are you using?
Also, why stop at El Cap instead of going all the way to Sierra? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back