Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Closed: Z390 Designare + Intel Core i9-9900K + Radeon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible please to run the Davinci Resolve Bench mark so we compare both results ? If you don't know what it is I can provide you here with all info and steps to do it. Perhaps it will be also useful for anyone with any build to compare his build and score to ours.

I wouldn't mind, although I don't have it. I can google and run it, perhaps later today or tomorrow, unless you have specific tips on what to do/look out for.

DaVinci isn't something I use (I guess the test could be independent of the program?), but I use AE all the time and I also ran a Puget Systems test, which came out really decent.
Attached is a screenshot of that test's results. This was just a quick screen grab on my phone and I didn't grab a full test result, but I'll run it again, along with Geekbench 4, 5 and DaVinci and post all the results together in an updated reply.

Attachments

• c5f010a1-56b7-4a66-889f-60d2ea9ad59f.jpg
    c5f010a1-56b7-4a66-889f-60d2ea9ad59f.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 76
This is the link with info:

Download the project

Download the clip used for the project

STEPS:
- Launch Davinci Resolve, in the project manager import the Davinci project you downloaded.
- Open the project, relink the clip in the media pool by right clicking on the clip then click on RELINK. Navigate to the clip you downloaded and it will relink the offline clip.
- Go to the project settings, keep the timeline resolution to HD, the playback framerates you can put 999 frames. Like this we don't limit the playback framerates from the GPU, the idea is actually to test how many frames your GPU can handle in variety of stress.
- Go to Davinci Resolve, Preferences, Memory and GPU, and use your GPU, specify wether you going going to OpenCL or Metal choice. You can run the Bench for each of them. So lets say you are starting to test the OpenCL, so you choose it. Click Save, restart Davinci Resolve.

It is very important:
- in the Color page, in the menu playback, make sure PROXY MODE is on OFF.
- In Davinci Resolve, Preferences, USER, Playback settings, make sure Performance mode is on Disable.

Open again Davinci Resolve, go to the Color Page, and from there right click on the clip, choose version (Here you will have several versions for Stress test, some of them has more nodes than the others), choose for example :
66 Blur nodes: hit play, and look on the viewer, see how many frames your GPU can handle in playback.
Then choose another version, like 6TN (6 times noise reduction), hit play, and see what is your frames in playback.

Put the results you got, indicating of course that you respected the parameters above and mentioning your Build. I will do the same so we can share.
Also, lets use the latest version of Davinci Resolve. We will indicate which version in the report as well. And also which OS we are using.

I’ll
This is the link with info:

Download the project

Download the clip used for the project

STEPS:
- Launch Davinci Resolve, in the project manager import the Davinci project you downloaded.
- Open the project, relink the clip in the media pool by right clicking on the clip then click on RELINK. Navigate to the clip you downloaded and it will relink the offline clip.
- Go to the project settings, keep the timeline resolution to HD, the playback framerates you can put 999 frames. Like this we don't limit the playback framerates from the GPU, the idea is actually to test how many frames your GPU can handle in variety of stress.
- Go to Davinci Resolve, Preferences, Memory and GPU, and use your GPU, specify wether you going going to OpenCL or Metal choice. You can run the Bench for each of them. So lets say you are starting to test the OpenCL, so you choose it. Click Save, restart Davinci Resolve.

It is very important:
- in the Color page, in the menu playback, make sure PROXY MODE is on OFF.
- In Davinci Resolve, Preferences, USER, Playback settings, make sure Performance mode is on Disable.

Open again Davinci Resolve, go to the Color Page, and from there right click on the clip, choose version (Here you will have several versions for Stress test, some of them has more nodes than the others), choose for example :
66 Blur nodes: hit play, and look on the viewer, see how many frames your GPU can handle in playback.
Then choose another version, like 6TN (6 times noise reduction), hit play, and see what is your frames in playback.

Put the results you got, indicating of course that you respected the parameters above and mentioning your Build. I will do the same so we can share.
Also, lets use the latest version of Davinci Resolve. We will indicate which version in the report as well. And also which OS we are using.

I’ll happily do the test tomorrow too. I have exactly this system setup and use resolve as my primary editor.

Hey while I’m at it, you guys wouldn’t know anything about this issue I’m having would you? I’ve posted on the forums but haven’t gotten a response. Thought I’d ask as others have this setup.

I’m trying to get my Asus 10GB NiC installed in this system. But every time I put it into one of the pice slots and boot my graphics get completely f’ed up. I can tells it’s booted properly as I can briefly see the login screen every few seconds but my monitors and flashing on and off as though I was plugging the cables in and out of the GPU. I’ve tried it in all spare Pcie slots but no dice.
Cheers!

My Davinci Resolve Hackintosh Candle test (Please share yours):
System: CPU :i7 3770K, MB UD5H, 32GB DDR3, Radeon VII Sapphire:
Catalina 10.15.2
GPU METAL
Performance mode auto: OFF
Proxy: OFF
66Blur: 19/fps
6TN: 23/fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back