Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Closed: Z390 Designare + Intel Core i9-9900K + Radeon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just set up my build with pretty much the same parts.

Please note that if you have i9-9900KS you have to update BIOS to the latest version. Also I strongly advise to disable IGPU if you are using Radeon VII, your system performs a lot better, otherwise it's trying to use IGPU instead of where should use the dedicated GPU.

I recommend to avoid any overclocking on Hacks until you are not some hardware and overclocking expert. Mistakes on overclocking make system unstable and will reduce lifetime of hardware components. Do not worry what benchmark results others might have, stability of system is more important.

I can confirm that on most of cases this build doesn't use more than 10% of it's actual power! Use Activity monitor and check it during the various tasks.

Geekbench have issues with Radeon VII on MacOS and doesn't show correct results. Please keep in mind that Geekbench doesn't show performance of your Radeon card in actual tasks. Try BruteX test, Luxmark, Heaven etc. How BurceX test renders? Try Adobe Media encoder, how fast it performs?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I can confirm iGPU is disabled. I'm on F6 on the MoBo, I think F7 is out but haven't upgraded to that because most of the information I could find on the install had it on F6, so I stuck with that.

It's encouraging to hear that the machine will mostly only use 10% of its power. It's just disappointing to see my own scores compared to others. I bought this to kick up a fire under my After Effects work that can sometimes involve some heavy renders, so I ultimately want it to really show me what it's made of.

As for real tasks, I pretty much only got the whole thing up and running today, so I haven't tested its real world performance yet. Either way it hoped that it should be a huge upgrade from my 3yo i7 6700 Giga z170 Gaming 3 GeForce 980 Ti setup, which is still suck on High Sierra too.

I'll try some other benchmarks. From my Geekbench scores, I was mostly worried about my CPU.

There's an extension program for After Effects, calld BGRenderer, which utilises the image sequence rendering option to engage multicore rendering, where you can spread the rendering between the cores as individual frames, and compile a final video at the end.
So I'm genuinely hoping I can get that to really run full steam.

I can confirm iGPU is disabled. I'm on F6 on the MoBo, I think F7 is out but haven't upgraded to that because most of the information I could find on the install had it on F6, so I stuck with that.

Do you think that you are wiser that Gigabyte developers? Did you check the link I provided? No! Gigabyte clearly states that BIOS version F8 is for i9-9900KS. Why you event post if you do not pay any attention what people wrote to you?

Great, I didn't notice the link.

No need to be rude. Thanks for your time.

Great, I didn't notice the link.

No need to be rude. Thanks for your time.

Being straight as arrow about you altitude isn't being rude. I value my time. Why I have to spend my time on you if you do not pay attention to details what I wrote?

Patronising people like they're idiots and saying they think they know more than experts when they just missed something is pretty rude in any English speaking country.

I value your time too. Did you not notice me say "THANK YOU" for getting back to me?
I just missed the link, my eyes are tired, I've been staring at a screen all day, big deal. No need to be an asshole about it, you could just ask if I saw the link you shared.

Anyway, clearly this conversation is going nowhere. I'll let you get back to work and I'll get back to mine.

Cheers.

Patronising people like they're idiots and saying they think they know more than experts when they just missed something is pretty rude in any English speaking country.

I value your time too. Did you not notice me say "THANK YOU" for getting back to me?
I just missed the link, my eyes are tired, I've been staring at a screen all day, big deal. No need to be an asshole about it, you could just ask if I saw the link you shared.

Anyway, clearly this conversation is going nowhere. I'll let you get back to work and I'll get back to mine.

Cheers.

Thank you!

I'm closing down this thread here and I'm not going to help anyone about this build any more.

It is strange, my Build with higher score: i7 3770K, MB UD5H, 32GB DDR3, Radeon VII:
Geekbench 5.0.3: OpenCL score: 53101.
I can't wait to upgrade to Z390 with the i9 and DDR4, but it will be a disappointment if i get lower score.

It is strange, my Build with higher score: i7 3770K, MB UD5H, 32GB DDR3, Radeon VII:
Geekbench 5.0.3: OpenCL score: 53101.
I can't wait to upgrade to Z390 with the i9 and DDR4, but it will be a disappointment if i get lower score.

For what it's worth, I hadn't used Geekbench in a few years and I downloaded the latest one and got some really 'terrible' results compared to what others were getting. But eventually I realised GB5 measures differently than GB4, so the results were still good, they just don't look anything like each other between the two versions.

So, noob error really. My machine is running well and doing what it's supposed to.

For what it's worth, I hadn't used Geekbench in a few years and I downloaded the latest one and got some really 'terrible' results compared to what others were getting. But eventually I realised GB5 measures differently than GB4, so the results were still good, they just don't look anything like each other between the two versions.

So, noob error really. My machine is running well and doing what it's supposed to.

Would it be possible please to run the Davinci Resolve Bench mark so we compare both results ? If you don't know what it is I can provide you here with all info and steps to do it. Perhaps it will be also useful for anyone with any build to compare his build and score to ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back