Intel GMA / GT 220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello everyone!

I read all the requests and found that the most recurrent one is having a way to easy roll back via saving the actual state of the system, but I think that it may be a little hard to do (if not, I am sure that Tonymacx86 or MacMan would figure out how to do it) so I am suggesting another way to do it: to have an option to install the kexts that the Unibeast USB installation thumbdrive has.

Ok, that will only re-write the original kexts and will leave the ones that are messing the system; so I suggest that Multibeast copies the entire kext (original) folder the first time that its installed. Multibeast could know if it is not the first installation by looking for a specific "needed" kext (FakeSMC.kext, i.e.). In case that this is not doable, it could be possible to add a message explaining that you have to copy the original folder in order to roll back.

In any case, or even if we want to copy the kexts folder by yourself, it will be useful to have the option (as EasyBeast Install and User-DSDT... options) to install the same kexts that the USB uses.

As I was thinking this solution when writing this thread, I will try it in my laptop and post the results on the thread I wrote yesterday on the laptop section.

Cheers!
P.S. Just to remind you to repair kext permissions after making any change!

Unibeast kexts installation on Multibeast

What is the hardware you are trying to install on. Is it the in the list under your name?

Edit: Never mind I found your other post.

Unibeast kexts installation on Multibeast

Closed.

I would suggest you read the MultiBeast documentation as EasyBeast installs what UniBeast uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back