Contribute
Register

Closed Thread: For FYI only > [GUIDE] 10.8 / How to enable HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.8 / How to enable HD4000

hi guys. i can't understand where my error is.
i have followed both this guide and others found in this forum.
the problem is that if i try to enable both my gpus, (hd 4000 and gtx 580)my screen becomes black after the apple logo on startup and it says no signal (so i cant' see my login screen)and i have to force the shutdown manually.
when i had the z77x ud5h with ati 5870 i didn't have this issue.

here my steps to activate airplay mirroring:
-set intel gpu always on in bios (latest version f11)
-set ram size correctly with the efi string (32,64 or 96mb)
-set initial graphics on peg(pci express gtx 580)

i upload even my org.chameleon.boot.plist

i tried both imac and macpro system definitions.
i tried all the efi-string injections, same result.

when i had the ati 5870 with the z77x ud5h, everything was alright
PS i am on a clean installation now

please help me
thank you

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    713 bytes · Views: 399

can someone pls help me enable 2 GPUs simultaneously on GA Z77X-UP5 TH. Im posting here as I think solution is probably in the string injection. I have GTX 580 classified & 6870 cards. each works great on its own but the moment i plug both in i get black screen. can someone please point me in the right direction.

i know it works, i found this screenshot online: http://i.imgur.com/fYMQt.jpg

can someone pls help me enable 2 GPUs simultaneously on GA Z77X-UP5 TH. Im posting here as I think solution is probably in the string injection. I have GTX 580 classified & 6870 cards. each works great on its own but the moment i plug both in i get black screen. can someone please point me in the right direction.

i know it works, i found this screenshot online: http://i.imgur.com/fYMQt.jpg

The ATI card in that is not fully functining. No acceleration. But all of it's display output jacks work. Make sure you have GraphicsEnabler set to "No". The GTX 580 may not work with GE=no so it may not be possible.

Anyone manage to fix their bug on GA-Z77N ?

ig-platform-id: 01620005 did it it for me. Now I can boot without having to unplug the and re-plug the monitor. MB is GA-Z77X-UD5H if that helps anyone.

Thanks for this - it just took problem #1 off my list. On to sleep mode and Turbo on 3770k :)

So is one port disabled or something, because the board has four ports (VGA, DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI). Unfortunately it's not the only change I've made, so I think I'll be re-installing from a backup where I had most things working (now it's not even booting), but I'm hoping that at least my graphics issues can be resolved so I can play videos and so I don't need to get a separate (noisy and power-consuming) graphics card. I'll report back when/if I determine a working solution for me.

I think I put this in the wrong thread initially, and hopefully someone can help me?

I screwed my system pretty badly - worst part is, I'm not sure how. :-\

I could not get my HD4000 graphics working, despite having a reputably compatbile system (3750K + UD5H). My system was working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsMode to set my screen resolution, but video was completely unreliable and would not work in many apps. I tried the last string (iig-platform-id: 01620005) by inserting the long hex string (supplied so kindly by the OP) as written, into my boot.plist. I left graphicsenabler set to yes, which I realized might be dumb immediately after I shut down my machine.

Now, I cannot boot into the OS. Here's what happens:

I boot up. I get the BIOS beep. I see the bootloader screen. I press enter on my OS partition, which is the only partition, and wait. At the moment I should see the login screen, my monitor all goes dark and the system whirs invisibly. When I try to reboot, I don't even get the BIOS beep unless I unplug my keyboard and mouse before rebooting and plug them back in after the beep. (Wha!?!)

I fixed this back screen problem before by using a very simplified boot.plist copied from Chameleon's boot.plist, but now that I've added the device key, I can't even get into the system to change the .plist back. I've tried -x, -f, -F and graphicenabler=no.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Could it be that I messed up the device key string, or just used the wrong one? If not, does anyone know how I can edit my plist from outside the OS, perhaps through the terminal in the Mountain Lion installer?

I'm running the 3750K with the UD5H, no graphics card, DVI monitor and that's about it.

I know there's a Hackintosh Dr. House out there that can help me... :)

Thanks e'erbody!
Alex

Try booting with device-properties=null or using the usb installer to boot from the hard drive like you would have booted just after installing. Then remove the string you added to the org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I had the same thing thing to get hd 4000 working. I think the computer is just sending the video signal to the wrong output (a nonworking output in my case) and that's why the screen is black.

Just try the other strings and see if you can find one that works. Remember to set GraphicsEnabler to be No as it does a similar thing with settings that may be wrong.

Awesome, thank you. I will try that as soon as I get home! :thumbup:

Try booting with device-properties=null or using the usb installer to boot from the hard drive like you would have booted just after installing. Then remove the string you added to the org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I had the same thing thing to get hd 4000 working. I think the computer is just sending the video signal to the wrong output (a nonworking output in my case) and that's why the screen is black.

Just try the other strings and see if you can find one that works. Remember to set GraphicsEnabler to be No as it does a similar thing with settings that may be wrong.

Thank you!!!! You're advice about setting device-properties=null got my system to boot. However, the manual injection is not working for me. Strangely, if I just boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I can watch video, but obviously it doesn't say HD4000 in the About this Mac section. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I copied my boot.plist from the bootloader and ran MutliBeast with very minimal settings to get my system running in the first place.

I am having very similar problems to rasterbate, so I am very interested to see how you get on. I bought the recommended items for a budget mac assuming, wrongly, that it would be relatively easy to set up. I have a rather old monitor connected to the D-sub port of my GA Z77X-UD5H (BIOS f14). My systems won't boot if graphics enabler=yes, but I can get correct screen resolution with the inserted plist script of 1440x900x32. So it seems the Chimera method does not work for me. However, using the EFI-string injection of ig-platform-id: 01620005 code interferes with the inserted plist string and sets the resolution back to 1078, and also does not load the HD4000. I haven't yet worked my way through all the ig-platform-ids.
As a noobie I have been surprised to find that apparently identical equipment needs randomly different software fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back