Contribute
Register

Closed Thread: For FYI only > [GUIDE] 10.8 / How to enable HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.8 / How to enable HD4000

Try without the EFI string. You don't need it if you have genabler=yes

Well, without the EFI string my HD 4000 is not recognized. No kext is loaded, but it does work. I disabled GraphicsEnabler because you're right, I don't need it (my GTX 570 seems to run fine without it).

My problem is still that when I set my GTX 570 as the primary boot display in bios, after Mountain Lion is done loading, my screens turn off. Maybe I should try another EFI string for the HD 4000?

Well, without the EFI string my HD 4000 is not recognized. No kext is loaded, but it does work. I disabled GraphicsEnabler because you're right, I don't need it (my GTX 570 seems to run fine without it).

My problem is still that when I set my GTX 570 as the primary boot display in bios, after Mountain Lion is done loading, my screens turn off. Maybe I should try another EFI string for the HD 4000?

Yeah I would try that. I may have missed it but: Why do you need both the HD4000 + GTX570?

has anyone able to get hd4000 to work with 3 monitors? via dvi...hdmi...and display port? please let me know as i'm thinking of purchasing another monitor but wanted to make sure they do work...have dvi/hdmi working currently.

tia!

Hello everyone!
I can't get my hd 4000 on z77x-ud3h working. Processor is 3570.
Trying to get it working with at least one monitor, ideally with two, dvi and hdmi.:banghead:
After Multibeast I tried chimera with one monitor, that somehow didn't work. System profiler says i've got hd2500 and no kext loaded for graphics. After that i tried to inject ig-platform-id: 01660000 and 01660001, result is the same. If it's dual monitor, it gets past apple logo, then solid grey screen. after a while, mouse cursor appears and nothing else happens. When booting in safe mode, however, both monitors work perfectly fine and in native resolution. And it finally says hd4000, but acceleration doesn't work.
So now the temporary solution is the Graphics mode key with single monitor, but profiler still says hd2500 and no kext.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I have the same issue with the same motherboard , i cant get intelhd 4000 kext to load. Mine only show 64mb vram , what can i do to enable them?

I have z77x ud3h
I5 3570k

Had installed on a Dell Audi i5 3210m - HD4000 + GT630m today with ML 10.8
When i tried to booted into 10.8, i did following steps :
+ Try ig-platform-id: 01660003 like post 1 : Boot hanged at white text
+ Delete HD4000 kext and Framebuffer : like above
+ Delete Nvdia kext (50hal,gf100,gk100,resman) : booted but no QE CI of course

-> So i reinstalled and do step 1 and step 3 only and viola, QE CI had come
-> The most important step here was delete Nvidia kext. Not sure what happend but i will find some laptop with Optimus or Hybrid Graphics and research more.

Hey,

I have a T430s which has an Intel HD 4000 and NVS 4000. I'm going to give your suggestion a try later.

But for now, when insert and EFI string, do I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes or =No in org.chamelon.plist?

Just to be clear, do when I put an EFI string, should I set GraphicsEnabler to No or keep it at Yes?

Thanks

Hey, tried everything this thread lists, no success. MSI Z77ma-g45

Does anyone have HD4000 working on this motherboard??

It will work in low res with GE=NO, but if its enabled and it boots up it will do the weird double vision crap and it looks awful too.

Tried every string. If anyone has this same mobo working let me know, otherwise I guess its back to win7 on this thing. ;(

Enabling my HD4000 with Alfa's Tutorial fixed my Video Playback in Preview.app Issue (random Black Frames). But now i don't see anything while Booting because my Display is Attachet to my GTX670. Any Ideas how i can fix that? Dualbooting is a bit tricky with a black screen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back