Contribute
Register

Closed Thread: For FYI only > [GUIDE] 10.8 / How to enable HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get the string to work. But then again, I wasn't sure what to name the key for this one because Xcode wouldn't let me add another <key>device-properties</key>

Hey, you can only have one device-properties string at a time in your boot.plist. So you have to replace the old one.

odd so I have downloaded that gfxutil program and made a plist off your file then converted to hex using both 0 and 1. When I boot using those injections it doesn't load the kext if I create a hex from 5 it will load the kext. The odd thing is I just booted using 96MB instead of 32MB and it worked fine too. I wonder what determines whether or not to load the kext?

Mark

Now while its freaked out over HDMI I will take the same monitor and plug it in using DVI instead and I can change resolutions to my hearts content.

For me the screen is scrambled when I boot, but I can jut unplug HDMI and plug it back in and it works fine. same for DVI, so I think your situation is not HDMI vs DVI, but rather the fact the the unplug is resetting something.

I have updated the first post with more information and EFI strings for all known platform-ids.

odd so I have downloaded that gfxutil program and made a plist off your file then converted to hex using both 0 and 1. When I boot using those injections it doesn't load the kext if I create a hex from 5 it will load the kext. The odd thing is I just booted using 96MB instead of 32MB and it worked fine too. I wonder what determines whether or not to load the kext?

Mark

Hm this is really weird. It is always loading HD4000 kexts for me, doesn't matter what configuration. But there are only a few which are working without errors and only one which works perfect.

dta, thank you a million times over. Now HD4000 works on my GA-Z77X-UD5H; I had read somewhere to set the graphics memory size to 512MB, but leaving it at 64MB it actually works. :)

For me the screen is scrambled when I boot, but I can jut unplug HDMI and plug it back in and it works fine. same for DVI, so I think your situation is not HDMI vs DVI, but rather the fact the the unplug is resetting something.

When mine was getting scrambled unplugging and replugging the HDMI wouldn't solve the issue. I had to unplug then switch the interface to DVI then unplug DVI then switch back to HDMI. That was the only way to unscramble.

Now my computer at home if I don't set my res manually with Chimera I will get scramble on boot and unplugging and replugging resolves that issue for me. That is unacceptable for me however as I use a Thunderbolt Display so unplugging causes all the goodies to drop.

Mark

Hey, you can only have one device-properties string at a time in your boot.plist. So you have to replace the old one.

I just tried, and still no luck

Maybe it is your mainboard and the HD4000 port configurations not working together. I will post some more efi strings with different configurations when I have time. But it is weird that using Chimera 1.11 and setting GraphicsEnabler to yes it is doing nothing.

Great. What mainboard are you using?

I am using Z77X-UD5H bios v7 with i5-3570k

I also Tested the "ripple effect" when adding widgets with success! I believe the HD4000 is working 100% correctly.

I am using Z77X-UD5H bios v7 with i5-3570k

I also Tested the "ripple effect" when adding widgets with success! I believe the HD4000 is working 100% correctly.

Which inject code did you use and which output are you using?

This is proving to be quite difficult on my setup at home as I only have a TB display so when it locks up I have to reinstall. :)

01 does NOT work for me lol

on to the next one.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back